Rookie

Missing channels

I have two digital adapters but they will not get channels 71 (Oxygen) & channel 110 (BBC)

I wish they would come out with an adapter that gets all the channels that I pay for.

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Missing channels

Has nothing to do with the adapter which is the incorrect name for a set top cable box... It's what you pay for.... and others as well, those are entry level boxes only designed for the one way encrypted qam tiers (usually the low starter channels 1-60 or70....). If there's no room for proffit in those tiers, or lack of customers demand they're in the bottom packages,  TWC- now Spectrum won't include them. It's all about the $$$'s

They won't do PPV, MOD, SDV channels....

If you're paying for those channels you need the proper 2 way full box. You're missing a lot of channels.

DTA's are going away, The one way devices didn't save TWC a dime, actually cost them a lot of money as they can't do remote diagnostics.

Established Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

DTA's are going away, The one way devices didn't save TWC a dime, actually cost them a lot of money as they can't do remote diagnostics.

Well, they can do remote diagnostics (somewhat) if you chat with them or talk to a person live..  You can hold down the (7) key on the remote to bring up the DTA's diagnostic pages, where signal levels, frequency / channel maps, and other useful information can be displayed on your television screen.

It's been a while since I've been there, but signal levels are provided (and color coded GREEN, YELLOW, or RED depending on strength), wether or not the box is authorized to receive HD programming, the QAM maps, your channel viewing history, the number of corrections, etc..  similar to what you'd get from a modem diagnostic page... 

Just letting people know...  If you have a problem with your DTA, and the self diagnotstics page shows it's status as RED with a bunch of correctibles, then you know you likely have signal issues.

Spectrum Employee

Yes, but this requires the customer to relay this information back to the tech support rep, instead of us just being able to view all this information remotely.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions