Menu button on front panel of Set-top box lit

Last night the button on right side of Spectrum 201T front panel lit and has not gone off. If I am reading User Guide correctly this is the "Menu" button. What caused it to go on and how do I turn off?

10 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Menu button on front panel of Set-top box lit

Generally they should go off by themselves, there isnt a setting or any way to turn the light on or off that I know of for the new boxes. Have you tried a reset of the box with a full power cycle? Honestly unless the light bothers you, its no indication of anything, its simply a light for the button. Those boxes dont have any status indicators like previous models.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Trusted Helper

@Cxthuluwrote:
Generally they should go off by themselves, there isnt a setting or any way to turn the light on or off that I know of for the new boxes. Have you tried a reset of the box with a full power cycle? Honestly unless the light bothers you, its no indication of anything, its simply a light for the button. Those boxes dont have any status indicators like previous models.

I agree,

If the functionality of the box and TV services are ok, I wouldn't worry about the light.  I would recommend keeping your box in this case.  You don't know what you are going to get in an exchange, and this is one of the newest models,

Satch

Helper

Black electrical tape works pretty well. Man Tongue

Thanks, reds91185, I've had this DVR box and (2) 101-T non-DVR boxes for 2 months and  was curious why light suddenly appeared on the 201-T and 1 of the 101-T. Doesn't bother me except Customer Service told me light has always been on which made me think I'm losing my mind. I have tried resetting boxes but lights still on. 

Thanks, Cxthulu, I believe I called you something else on previous reply.

Observer

I have a spectrum101 box and the light just started coming on.  I did notice the firmware was updated in March.  

Thanks, could be a solution although light appeared just 2 nights ago.

All 3 boxes' lights are lit.

Trusted Helper

@rcarpenter42wrote:

All 3 boxes' lights are lit.

My take,

This sounds more like a software update on the hardware when we got the latest update to The Guide back around late March-early April and not a box problem at all.

Satch