Not applicable

Limited range of channels when ch+ or ch-

I'm posting this because I had been having this problem for a couple days, and tried several things to fix the problem before finding the solution tonight.

I recently found that when I was hitting the ch+ and ch- button on my remote, I was cycling between channels 250-260, no matter where I started. I tried a different remote, rebooting the set-top box, and neither worked. I found a similar problem in a post here from 2014, the cause of which being a new (at the time) feature.

It turns out that I had set the guide to "Kids Channels" a few weeks ago. The fix was to hit the guide button twice, and then select All Channels (the usual default).

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Limited range of channels when ch+ or ch-

@cmcnorgan wrote:

I'm posting this because I had been having this problem for a couple days, and tried several things to fix the problem before finding the solution tonight.

I recently found that when I was hitting the ch+ and ch- button on my remote, I was cycling between channels 250-260, no matter where I started. I tried a different remote, rebooting the set-top box, and neither worked. I found a similar problem in a post here from 2014, the cause of which being a new (at the time) feature.

It turns out that I had set the guide to "Kids Channels" a few weeks ago. The fix was to hit the guide button twice, and then select All Channels (the usual default).

Very Helpful!

Can you mark this as "Solved" so that it goes in our Solution Database?  Thank you!

Satch