Not applicable

Is Spectrum Cable TV moving to AT&T's DIRECTV?

I got a call from Spectrum saying that they can save me money on my current Spectrum triple play bundle by moving TV services to DIRECTV.  I was told that Spectrum was moving their TV customers to DIRECTV within 3 months due to expected broadcast cost increases.  And that this was part of a busniess deal that Spectrum (Charter) has with AT&T.  It wasn't clear if this was related to the acquisition that was just approved for AT&T to buy Time Warner.  I did not find an article online relating to plans for Spectrum to move its customers to DIRECTV.  I left AT&T/DIRECTV services just a month ago to join Spectrum, so I'm very surprised that this upcoming move or DIRECTV offer was not mentioned when I subscribed.  What then will happen with Spectrum TV?  Can anyone confirm this?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Is Spectrum Cable TV moving to AT&T's DIRECTV?

@RSGwade wrote:

I got a call from Spectrum saying that they can save me money on my current Spectrum triple play bundle by moving TV services to DIRECTV.  I was told that Spectrum was moving their TV customers to DIRECTV within 3 months due to expected broadcast cost increases.  And that this was part of a busniess deal that Spectrum (Charter) has with AT&T.  It wasn't clear if this was related to the acquisition that was just approved for AT&T to buy Time Warner.  I did not find an article online relating to plans for Spectrum to move its customers to DIRECTV.  I left AT&T/DIRECTV services just a month ago to join Spectrum, so I'm very surprised that this upcoming move or DIRECTV offer was not mentioned when I subscribed.  What then will happen with Spectrum TV?  Can anyone confirm this?  Thanks.

Don't believe it,

This sounds like a scam call to get you to move off of Spectrum to Direct TV.  AT& T merged with Direct TV and are a Dish provider.  Spectrum is a cable TV provider.  This is a Telemarketing scam.  When subs move off of a service, like you did with Direct TV, you will get mailers and callers from the company that you just left BEGGING you to come back with "Too good to be true offers."  Ignore them.

If you ever want to compare prices of services, don't listen to the phone solicitors, visit the official website of the company.  And be aware of fine print.  New offers are typically only good for a year, and than you will be rolled up gradually to regular pricing.

Satch

Sharer

AT&T bought Time Warner Entertainment, owner of HBO, CNN, and Turner Broadcasting, among others. No relation to what was Time Warner Cable, which was bought by Charter in 2016 and now called Spectrum.
Community Manager

@RSGwade

Both @Satch and @stannc are correct.  The information you mentioned that was given to you is inaccurate.   New customers that bundle video, internet and phone are already offered the lowest possible price.   If you have concerns or questions about your service, you are welcome to contact us directly.   We would also be interested to know if any other customers have a had a similar experience so we can be aware of any potential attempts to defraud our customers.           

Highlighted
Helper

You were most likely contacted by a less than ethical third party contractor trying to use the news to scare people into signing up for Directv through him, thus earning him more commissions.