Not applicable

Inability to control my freedom of viewing by inhibiting fast forwarding option

Why is there no fast forward on OnDemand? When I watch a show and miss the end, I'll want to pick up again where I left off.  But instead you make me watch it all from the beginning.

I hate that you control my viewing experience and inhibit the fast forwarding and my freedom of choice of how I view a program.

I know this is a way to force us to watch commercials. I hate that I am paying for commercial TV.  I never watch the commercials anyway either by turning down the sound, doing other things, changing the channel, etc. I NEVER watch the COMMERCIALS. So trying to force me to watch commercials doesn't work here.

The sponsors are paying you to display their commercials during programs already. It's just greed that I am paying for commercial tv. So stop forcefeeding them to me. RRRGH!!!

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: Inability to control my freedom of viewing by inhibiting fast forwarding option

The content owners (the people who produced the show) need to get paid.  They get paid by the network that airs the show.  The network that airs the show gets paid by selling ads, and collecting subscriptions.

I am sure that the "On-Demand" system isn't smart enough to know where the commercial breaks are up front, so the simple way to "fix" the problem and make sure that ads which were purchased to air with a given program air with replays of that program is to disable fast-forward.

Sharer

Re: Inability to control my freedom of viewing by inhibiting fast forwarding option

Think it is more to do with the individual content providers. I've used several streaming options over the years, and some channels could FF/RW and some couldn't... within the same streaming service.

Sometimes the service is at the mercy of the rules set by the content providers.
Proven Sharer

I've used some on-demand apps, and although I could fast forward, I could only fast-forward to the next commercial break, where I'd be forced to watch the commercials.   Equally disappointing was the discovery that if I rewound back through a commercial break, I'd have to watch the commercials again.

Browser

Came here to gripe about this. I had set up Phenoms to record all episodes, but only two did. The rest were cancelled (but didn't show up as cancelled).  So now I HAVE to watch commercials for each (20) episodes, which come up more than the regular commercial breaks seem to (every five minutes).

The only option is to use on-demand, which completely sucks. I have to do a program search, than navigate the painfully slow menu. I pause and walk away for more than three minutes....booted back to live tv and have to search all over again.

The system is a total pita, and seems to have been this way for a few years. Yeah, zero upgrades or improvements for as long as I can recall. Way to go TW/Spectrum.....