Highlighted
Valued Participant

How much is your monthly cable bill/internet package with spectrum?

Not sure where to post this, but I'm curious to know what everyone is paying if you are willing to share. I'm considering switching because my bill is so high. 210.00 a month for cable which includes basic cable channels, HBO and Starz and internet service.  I also have three cable boxes, two of which are DVR boxes.   My bill went up after the switch to Spectrum, about 20,00, but it was still ridiculous previous to the switch. I feel I am being seriously ripped off. I'm wondering is anyone else pays something similar for a similar setup?

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: How much is your monthly cable bill/internet package with spectrum?

that's a good deal, don't switch to spectrum, it will go way up.. and you will lose some channels and can't go back.

I'm paying $185 for 20/2 internet, no phone and all but premium channels, with the 2 you have it would cost me $220 a month

Browser

Newcomer

My bill recently went from $196 to $228 per month for a "bundled" plan - Internet/TV/Phone. 

Newcomer

I am paying 194.00 with tax for cable two dvr boxes internet home phone with voicemail too
Established Sharer

$59.99 per month for Internet only, a legacy TWC Standard Internet retail rate (15/1 service which was "auto-upgraded" to Turbo 20/2 after the Spectrum takeover).  If I switched to Spectrum Internet, it would be $64.99 per month for 60/4.  Since I don't need the extra speed, I'm keeping that $5 per month in my pocket.  Besides, they would probably screw up my service completely for some number of days/weeks.

Sharer

$185 for 20/2 internet and no premium cable? Do they at least buy you dinner before they screw you? Smiley Happy

Valued Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems what I'm paying is more common than I realized.  I do know someone with Spectrum who is paying a fair bit less than I am and receiving more channels. It does seem to vary. They call and complain regularly about pricing so maybe that helps, I'm not sure. It still feels like an awful lot of money though.

LOL stannc.  I know, really!
Sharer

[ Edited ]

strangeways wrote:

Not sure where to post this, but I'm curious to know what everyone is paying if you are willing to share. I'm considering switching because my bill is so high. 210.00 a month for cable which includes basic cable channels, HBO and Starz and internet service.  I also have three cable boxes, two of which are DVR boxes.   My bill went up after the switch to Spectrum, about 20,00, but it was still ridiculous previous to the switch. I feel I am being seriously ripped off. I'm wondering is anyone else pays something similar for a similar setup?

I pay $56 / mo. all in.  I have StarterTV ($20 + 6.05) and ELP Internet (3/1, $14.99), plus three DTA's.  I am a legacy TWC customer in NY State.  I also get a $1 per month paperless bill credit.

I am fortunate that ESPN, FX,  WGNA, plus all my locals are included in the StarterTV package.