Spectator

How do you Re-Compress a list of recorded shows on the DVR?

I have a DVR with a bunch of recorded shows covering several Seasons.  When I first access the DVR recorded lists , all of the shows are compressed under their particular Season.

When I want to see the list of recorded shows, I just go to the Season I am interested and hit Select to see all of the Episodes under that Season, and that works fine.

But my question is, how do I cause the list of Episodes to be re-compressed under the Season heading.  I have over 30 episodes recorded under 7 different Seasons and it is real annoying to expand the season, looking for the shows I have watched -- and then not be able to re-compress the lists.  Surely there is a way to do this, isn't there. 

ron in round rock

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: How do you Re-Compress a list of recorded shows on the DVR?

@roninrr

I've included a link to Managing Your DVR that you may find helpful.  If you still need assistance, please let us know.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Highlighted
Spectator

Yeah James, thanks for the tip(s) -- but I pretty much know how to do all of that stuff.

I am just looking for a solution to this one specific annoyance -- once I expand (Select) a Season in the DVR list of recorded programs, I can't get the Season list of Episodes re-compressed.

I didn't mention in my initial post, BUT some of the Seasons are already expanded -- and I don't want that either.  

More Details:  If the Season is not expanded, I can highlight the Season and then click on Select to see all of the recorded Episodes, but once the Season is expanded (see all Episodes), I can no longer "highlight" the Season line and Unselect it (i.e. compress all the Episodes).  Looking for something along these lines of operation.

ron in round rock

Community Manager

@roninrr

Using our test account, I am not seeing a way to accomplish this.  The only option is to select "back" and then navigate to another program, but i see how that does not help with navigating between seasons of the same program.  I will pass along your feedback and suggestion for future guide updates.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Spectator

OK James, thanks for checking -- and confirming my suspicions that there isn't a way to do this -- at least at the present -- but we can hope.

ron in round rock