Newcomer

How do i change channel lock to default to TV instead of Cable with RC122 remote?

I'd like to be able to change the channels on my TV using this remote when I'm connecting without a box watching analog and clear QAM channels.  The old remote guides would allow you to change channel lock with code "973".  This remote does not.  Can anyone help?  By the way, it has nothing to do with programming the TV button with the proper TV code.  I have the proper TV code.  Every other button on this remote works for the TV except the channel buttons.  When i hit channel up or channel down, it always lights up the cable button.

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: How do i change channel lock to default to TV instead of Cable with RC122 remote?

If I'm not mistaken, the channel buttons are hard coded to the cable boxes and cannot be overridden.

Newcomer

Re: How do i change channel lock to default to TV instead of Cable with RC122 remote?

They aren't with the older versions of the remotes.  You CAN change the channel buttons to work for the  TV.  The instructions to do it were right in the guide, and i have done it.  But there are no instructions for channel lock with this RC122 remote, so you might be right with this version of the remote.  Hopefully not though...

Established Sharer

It won't matter much longer, since your TV set won't be directly connected to Spectrum's cable.  There will very shortly be no more analog or clear-QAM channels on Spectrum's cable network in your area, and every viewing device will need a QAM box.  You will have to adjust your viewing patterns and channel selection habits accordingly. The timetable for Spectrum to complete their conversion to full encryption depends on where you live.  Check your monthly bills for detailed information. 

If you meant to say that you would be viewing off-the-air TV broadcasts using an external antenna, the video source control  is in your TV set.  You have to manually select it before choosing a channel number to view, it cannot be slaved to a particular channel number.