Valued Participant

Having trouble recording 3 shows on 2 different channels

[ Edited ]

I hope this is in the correct forum.

OK, so here's what's happening.  This morning, I checked my Spectrum TV app and  several of my shows in the DVR Manager (Sheduled column) were showing a time, but no program name.  I figured out which ones they were and cancelled them and then tried to reschedule them.  It says they're scheduled, but in the Series Manager column, under the program name, it's not saying # episodes scheduled.  And in the Scheduled column, they're not showing there either.  I know they should be recordable because they've been in the recording list for years.  What's weirder is that I had another show that was recording too many shows so I removed that one and re-added it and it's showing up just fine.  I've tried so far to uninstall the app and reinstall.  I've tried to unplug the dvr and plug it back in.  Rebooting does nothing.  Force closing the app and clearing cache and data does nothing.  I'd rather not get rid of this dvr because I have quite a few shows that I've recorded and haven't had a chance to watch yet.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Having trouble recording 3 shows on 2 different channels

@NYSuperman when you view the details on the DVR, not through the App, do you 

see the same result or something different?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Participant

Thank you for your help Julia.  I see the exact same thing.  I can see that the show is set to record, yet no episodes are showing.  I did find that I can set the shows individually, but doing this for each day of the week is not optimal.

Lead Moderator

If you have powercycled the DVR and you are still having this issue I would have to recommend contacting direct support. It may be a signal issue to the box that is 

causing the odd behavior or it may be the box is failing. 

I encourage you to call 1-800-892-4357 or contact our 

Social Media Customer Care team  to have this reviewed.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Participant

I have a tech visit scheduled for Wednesday.  I'll follow up here to let you know of the outcome.

Valued Participant

[ Edited ]

They were unable to figure out this issue.  The supervisor that was with the tech, said he'd escalate the issue, but I'm not sure if I'll ever know it was fixed without trying it again at some point.  They did say that the connection at the pole and the connection to my house were very loose.  Those were tightened and some sort of connector was put inside the house where the cable comes into the house.  They also put a box around those connections outside the house to protect from the weather.  Supposedly that was to be put on awhile ago and never was.

They said the cable that was used for the phone modem I had would be removed and never was.  Also, I asked for 2 new remotes, that he said were in his truck, but I never got them.  Overall, disappointed.