Rookie

GUIDE BUTTON NOT WORKING ON MY REMOTE

I cannot access the Channel Guide because my remote does not work when I click on the GUIDE or SETTING button. (The only buttons that work in my remote are the channel and remote because I figured out how to program them). Help???

11 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: GUIDE BUTTON NOT WORKING ON MY REMOTE

mwilson wrote:

I cannot access the Channel Guide because my remote does not work when I click on the GUIDE or SETTING button. (The only buttons that work in my remote are the channel and remote because I figured out how to program them). Help???

Greetings!

Is this a remote from TWC or a Universal Remote that you bought yourself?  If it's a remote you bought yourself you may need to reprogram it to access the Guide and Settings button.  If it is a remote from TWC, the guide and settings button should work across all boxes regardless of what TWC remote is used.

In either case:

Get NEW fresh batteries on the remote

Turn off your box with the Power Button on the front of the box panel

Unplug your box for 30 seconds, plug back in and allow the system to reboot.  (Reboot is complete when the clock appears on the screen for about 15 seconds.)

The only thing you may have to program for the remote are the Power to Control your TV and possibly the volume for your TV on a TWC remote.  If this is a remote you bought yourself, you might have a frustrating experience where the Guide and Settings button for some reason just are not synchronizing with TWC's boxes.  In this case, you might have to get a TWC remote to work with your box(sees.)

Do you have, or still have a TWC remote that came with your boxes?  I think the fresh battery install and a cold reboot of the box is a good idea.  Than, just use TWC's remote.  If your TWC remote does not work, you can exchange it at one of TWC's local outlets.

Satch

Everyone's Tags (1)
Rookie

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I have tried rebooting and changing the batteries.

I think I'll just have to go to a TWC store and get a new one.

Thank you.

Newcomer

Good luck in getting a new remote. I went to the Office and tried to get a new remote but they said they had been waiting on them for 2 weeks. I went back 2 weeks later and still no remotes. They also informed me that I wouldn't be getting a new remote but e refurbished one. As long as it works it would be nice. I now have 2 remotes that neither one works right and I can't get a new one. Might just take the DVR back and I won't need their stupid remote. When TWC first came here it was pretty nice but I am looking into another avenue with my internet,telephone and cable. I am tired of it.

Newcomer

Having the same issue.  Looks like getting a new remote is the likely fix correct?

evp
Newcomer

I had same issue with GUIDE not working.  According to Time Warner, you have to pay an extra $3/mo to get it working.  They switched it on, I verified it worked, then then told me it would cost $3/mo.  

Newcomer

See the three buttons at the very bottom of the remote?  The one on the left is marked "music" underneath it.  The other two to the right are not marked.  Push the button in the middle and then push the Guide button.  Oh yeah!  Smiley Happy

Newcomer

Thank you. I was trying to figure how to get my guide button to work for an hour until I read your message. Now I have my guide back!
Newcomer

i have no music button on my remote so thats not working

Newcomer

You did what TWC online chat could not...what a surprise. Pressed the middle button...guide and list now working. Mind blowing... I was online for thirty minutes...this advice took me 1 minute. Thanks