Trusted Helper

GSN Match Game Missing From STB Search and Spectrum TV

Hi Spectrum,

On my Cisco Box 9865 model DVR, episodes of the 1970's version of Match Game on GSN, do not show in B button search results.  The only results that are returned are on Demand episodes for the new ABC Series.    This is also true of the listings for Spectrum TV in "My Account.".I am in Brookfield, Wisconsin.  Zip is 53045

Satch

6 REPLIES

Re: GSN Match Game Missing From STB Search and Spectrum TV

[ Edited ]

You may do a search for Match Game in the TV listing section of the TWC TV app or directly on the TWC website via the following LINK

Trusted Helper

Melissa_O wrote:

You may do a search for Match Game in the TV listing section of the TWC TV app or directly on the TWC website via the following LINK

That's what I did,

The search does not show the GSN listings for Match Game.  Only the Time Grid does.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Satch wrote:

Hi Spectrum,

On my Cisco Box 9865 model DVR, episodes of the 1970's version of Match Game on GSN, do not show in B button search results.  The only results that are returned are on Demand episodes for the new ABC Series.    This is also true of the listings for Spectrum TV in "My Account.".I am in Brookfield, Wisconsin.  Zip is 53045

Satch

The problem remains even after the updated guide was installed. Navigator Guide ODN 8.0.  All that shows for Match Game are ABC listings on the Set Top Box.  GSN's listings for Match Game only show in the Time Grid and are not found in search results.

The search system needs to be able to show BOTH the new ABC versions  of Match Game, and the old GSN  versions.

Satch

You can record the series of this version of the match game. If you go to the Spectrum TV app, click Guide. You can then scroll to the GSN channel. Click on GSN and then "Network Schedule". Scroll down until you see Match Game. (In my area, the next airing of this program is Monday morning at 8am.)This is the version that you are in search of. To confirm, click on Info, you will see the original air date will be in the 1960's. You can then click record and choose the box that you want the show to record to. From there, you will choose the remainder of your recording option. # of saved episodes, new, or all episodes, and airtime. 

-Melissa O.

Spectrum Community Forum Moderator

Trusted Helper

Melissa_O wrote:

You can record the series of this version of the match game. If you go to the Spectrum TV app, click Guide. You can then scroll to the GSN channel. Click on GSN and then "Network Schedule". Scroll down until you see Match Game. (In my area, the next airing of this program is Monday morning at 8am.)This is the version that you are in search of. To confirm, click on Info, you will see the original air date will be in the 1960's. You can then click record and choose the box that you want the show to record to. From there, you will choose the remainder of your recording option. # of saved episodes, new, or all episodes, and airtime. 

-Melissa O.

Spectrum Community Forum Moderator

Good to know!

But I would still like to see the GSN version of Match Game in search results on the cable box.  The STB is where I do about 90% or more of my TV viewing.  Rarely do I use the Spectrum TV website.  I don't use the mobile application.  The goal should be for the listing data to be available, regardless of where a customers views the programing content.

Thanks,

Satch

Trusted Helper

Update,

Since only ABC listings appear for Match Game on my Cisco 9865 box with the ODN Navigator 8.0 guide, I had asked someone with a legacy SA-model box to run a search.  He contacted me and said that on his legacy SA-model box, listings for Match Game on GSN DO appear in the search.

Using this example it seems to be that, while the legacy box Navigator keyboards can only search by Title, the data returned is more reliable.  On the modern ADSG boxes, users have more ways to search, but the data returned is less reliable. Please consider this feedback and work toward a goal so that all boxes can return the same data results.  Data should not be missing from one model of box, yet found on the other.  If the show is in the guide's Time Grid, it should be findable in the search results regardless of box, web search, or mobile device used.

Satch