Rookie

Four green dashes

I'v spent two days trying to get my explorer 4250 to start-up. I'v unpluged it several times with the same results. All it does is runs through a couple codes and then no clock just four dashes and won't turn on. I tryed support but the digital voice couldn't help because it didn't understand the ?. I do have old splitters in my wireing. Could the fact that they are really old and not digital be the problem?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Four green dashes

@pmtriton wrote:

I'v spent two days trying to get my explorer 4250 to start-up. I'v unpluged it several times with the same results. All it does is runs through a couple codes and then no clock just four dashes and won't turn on. I tryed support but the digital voice couldn't help because it didn't understand the ?. I do have old splitters in my wireing. Could the fact that they are really old and not digital be the problem?

Oh yes!

Splitters can be evil with regards to cable signals.  Than can reduce signal strength by up to ninety percent!  Strength that is needed to boot up the box.  You will need to get those splitters out of your wiring.  That's first thing.

The second thing is to call Spectrum for a signal and drop line test, AS WELL AS A WIRING ASSESSMENT INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE HOME!  Do not reboot any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours prior to your service appointment.  The tech needs to see the error code signals, and equipment resets will revert the error code signals back to zero.

No new box will ever resolve line, signal, or wiring issues.  You're splitters have to go, you drop line needs to be checked.  The main tap on your street needs to be checked.  You may also need a complete inside rewiring of your main cable line.  Mention all these things.

You can contact Spectrum through our Help Forums here by sending a PM with some account information to @Forums_Help and say you need a signal test, drop-line test, splitter removal, and inside/outside wiring check.  For faster help,  you can also get a Twitter account, or log into your Twitter Account.  Than follow the https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum?lang=en  page.  Send a PM with your account information that you need all those things that I mentioned above put in a work order for a service call.  (Signal Test, dropline check, inside, outside wiring check, splitters removed.)  Let us know how your appointment goes!

Satch

Rookie

Re: Four green dashes

Thank you very much you told me everything I was affraid of. After seeing the cables that came with my equitment. My lines are quite abit smaller. I quess I have some work to do.Smiley Frustrated