Newcomer

Re: Forcing customers to use set top boxes

Installed Spectrum App on my Samsung smart TV 2 weeks ago.  Worked fine.  Yesterday (8-22-2017) it did not work.  Called Spectrum support this morning.  Tech person could not get it to work.  Tried uninstall and re-install.  Still not working.  I have TV on my wall and no place to put bulky box.  Tech person said must be something wrong with the app.  SPECTRUM:  If your app is not working, I would advise you unscramble the cable TV until you can get it to work.  Otherwise, customers will get frustrated and you will lose customers quickly!  And, it will be hard to get them back.  I am one of those frustrated customers.  The tremendous amount of money you are spending on marketing will be negated by all the unhappy customers talking to their friends.  Surely, your customer service and your CEO gets this. 

Expert

This is a TV manufacturer and portable device issue and not the cable co's problem.

They can't write compatable firmware from one week to the next and obsolete devices deliberately to sell you a new one...

Apple ands Samsung are the worst....  I've gotten in and installed off the same shipment  a dozen Samsungs, and one or two have had totally different firmware/ user interfaces than the rest.

Customer asks "can you fix them?" Yeah, return them and try to find 2 that match up...

Android & Apple devices are lucky to have 2 years of support...

Newcomer

Big fan of the remote not working for this stupid boxes. This is the second time it doesn't work. It just blinks. I unplug the box and it works for a couple seconds then it's dunzo. 

Can't wait to bring it back again. 

Sharer

customer96 wrote:

Installed Spectrum App on my Samsung smart TV 2 weeks ago.  Worked fine.  Yesterday (8-22-2017) it did not work.  Called Spectrum support this morning.  Tech person could not get it to work.  Tried uninstall and re-install.  Still not working.  I have TV on my wall and no place to put bulky box.  Tech person said must be something wrong with the app.  SPECTRUM:  If your app is not working, I would advise you unscramble the cable TV until you can get it to work.  Otherwise, customers will get frustrated and you will lose customers quickly!  And, it will be hard to get them back.  I am one of those frustrated customers.  The tremendous amount of money you are spending on marketing will be negated by all the unhappy customers talking to their friends.  Surely, your customer service and your CEO gets this. 

My guess is that your SmartTV downloaded a firmware / software update and now is not compatible with the SpectrumTV app.

I recommend you give Rokus a try.  They are the size of a deck of cards, if not smaller.