Highlighted
MEM
Rookie

Food Network Disappeared from Channel Line up in Western Maine

The Food Network disappeared from the channel line up on 1 of the 2 receivers I have in my home in Norway.  My next door neighbors have also lost the Food Network, and it has also disappeared from the channel line up on the TV monitors (Spectrum is the provider) at my local gymnasium in South Paris.  Has anyone else reported this?

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Food Network Disappeared from Channel Line up in Western Maine

@MEM wrote:

The Food Network disappeared from the channel line up on 1 of the 2 receivers I have in my home in Norway.  My next door neighbors have also lost the Food Network, and it has also disappeared from the channel line up on the TV monitors (Spectrum is the provider) at my local gymnasium in South Paris.  Has anyone else reported this?

Hi Mem,

It's interesting that you have it on one receiver but not the other.  This evidence shows that the network was not dropped.  When you go to the receiver that does NOT have the channel and punch in Food Network, do you see any error message or error codes?  If you do, what are they?

What is the make and model of your box that is NOT getting Food Network?  What is the make and model of your box that IS getting Food Network?  Post your zip code as well.

Let's cold reboot the box that is not getting Food Network.  Turn off the TV and box, unplug the box and allow it to reboot.  If Food Network does not come back after the reboot, or vanishes again, call Spectrum for a service call for a signal and drop line test.  Mention that both you and your neighbor have lost Food Network on one of your two boxes,  Do not reboot any equipment for six hours before your service appointment.  (Boxes, modems, and routers) so that the error codes are not reset.  The tech needs to see the error codes.  Also tell the onsite tech that your neighbor lost Food Network as well.  Post back what the tech does.

Satch

Lead Moderator

@MEM

I do see that we had an issue yesterday with that channel. It is said to be resolved.

Are you still missing the channel?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

MEM
Rookie

Thank you for the tips. I did try all of those steps initially. But it appears to have been a system wide issue, because Food Network appeared again on Monday on that receiver as well as at my neighbor's house, on my Spectrum mobile app and the gym monitors. Everything is back to normal!