Rookie

Error code on set-top box

I've been having problems with my set-top box all week. Now, it went through the initializing--AGAIN--and updating software--AGAIN--and now I have an "Error starting initial app."  Code IAO1. Do I have a bad box? This is so frustrating, especially since we were forced to get digital cable and pay an extra $50/month for this crap.

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Error code on set-top box

@jk78 wrote:

I've been having problems with my set-top box all week. Now, it went through the initializing--AGAIN--and updating software--AGAIN--and now I have an "Error starting initial app."  Code IAO1. Do I have a bad box? This is so frustrating, especially since we were forced to get digital cable and pay an extra $50/month for this crap.

Hello IK,

Yes, excessive rebooting ninety percent of the time is a bad box.  I would get a tech out just to do a signal and line test just to be safe.  Really low signal levels can cause excessive rebooting ten percent of the time.  What is the  make and model of the box?

Satch

Rookie

Spectrum 101-T.  Would that be the model? So, yesterday it was working fine (except some of the channels were blank), until 10pm. Then the box "locked up"--I couldn't change channels or turn it off. It eventually went through the initializing and then downloading software again. After all that it seemed to be working OK, again.

Trusted Helper

@jk78 wrote:

Spectrum 101-T.  Would that be the model? So, yesterday it was working fine (except some of the channels were blank), until 10pm. Then the box "locked up"--I couldn't change channels or turn it off. It eventually went through the initializing and then downloading software again. After all that it seemed to be working OK, again.

Yes.  101-T is  the model number.

I would say if the box boots up again without intervention and it's not after a power interruption., set up a service call.  The black channels often are a signal or line problem.  You need a signal and drop line test.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Glad to hear it is work now. If you find that you are having more problems 

I would also encourage you to contact support to look into this further. 

You can also contact our Social Media Care team at:
Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Sounds like the reboot updated the box.  Hopefully that is all it needed.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums