Highlighted
Newcomer

Easy Connect Guide for a TG1672G

Received TG1672G from TWC with Easy Connect Guide,  for internet and phone.   Want to go very carefully so that I do not lose my important home phone line for an extended period.

Page 5 is confusing, it tells me to power on the modem and connect to my phone, and that the TEL 1 light will then light 'on',  and to pick up my home phone and listen for a dial tone.

However when I do that I get no dial tone, and the TEL 1 light just flashes.

Then later, on page 6-9 it tells me to activate the modem.

My question is, do I need to proceed to do that activation before my phone will work?  The Easy Connect Guide does not make that clear.

3 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Easy Connect Guide for a TG1672G

Yes, with any new piece of equipment you will need to call and activate it. Please call to speak to a customer service rep at 1-855-286-1736. The phone number should also be listed in the easy connect box, or you can activate it online. 

Source : https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/tv/step-by-step/tv-equipment-activation.html

Helper

Telephone port will work when the modem is activated. Proceed.

Expert

ez connect is not reliable, and probably none if this was an upgrade from a previous activated modem on your TWC account.

Next issue is filter/traps on the line as well as poor signal levels from too many splitters.

If you're not seeing RX downstream levels in the -8 to +8 dBmv range orand upstream tx levels in the +30 to +50.0 dBmv range you will have intermittent issues. Or flashing blue or green up/dn stream leds

Once activated, copy and paste the modems level page