Newcomer

Do I need the cable box?

I switched to Spectrum for their Mi Latino/Internet bundle. I got a DVR but we just use the Spectrum TV app. Am I able to return the DVR and not have any box or do I have to get the regular box at the minimum?
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: Do I need the cable box?

While they state you do not need the box, and you can use just the app, there have been other posts where users report that they are having difficulty with the app, especially during peak (prime time, football games) hours.

You may wish to keep one box, but it does not need to be a DVR box (and the DVR fee that goes with it), and use the app on all the secondary televisions.

Trusted Helper

Re: Do I need the cable box?

@dstoffa wrote:

While they state you do not need the box, and you can use just the app, there have been other posts where users report that they are having difficulty with the app, especially during peak (prime time, football games) hours.

You may wish to keep one box, but it does not need to be a DVR box (and the DVR fee that goes with it), and use the app on all the secondary televisions.

I agree 100%.

Keep one box.  Get a non-DVR box, but return your DVR box unless you need to record shows.  Insist on a receipt for any returns and keep that receipt for your records.

Satch