Rookie

Display time on DVR box

How do I view the current time instead of the channel I'm watching on my DVR box?

3 REPLIES
Seasoned Contributor

Re: Display time on DVR box

Welcome to the forum, watkins!

The steps to make your DVR box display the time instead of the channel number will vary depending on whether your DVR box is running the Navigator software (on SA/Cisco, Samsung, newer Motorola boxes) or iGuide (older Motorola boxes). For your convenience, I have provided the instructions below for both.

If it is running the Navigator software:

1. Press SETTINGS on your remote to bring up the Settings menu.
  2. Press the right or left arrow keys (to the right or the left of OK/SELECT, respectively) until DISPLAY is highlighted in blue on the bottom of your screen.
  3. Press the up or down arrow keys (above or below OK/SELECT, respectively) to highlight Clock Options.
  4. Choose Channel on Tune or Time Always, and press OK/SELECT on your remote to place a white dot next to your choice.
  5. Press EXIT on your remote to return to normal TV viewing.

If it is running the iGuide software:

1. Press MENU twice on your remote.
  2. Use the arrow keys around OK/SELECT to highlight Setup on your screen. Press OK/SELECT.
  3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Cable Box Setup. Press OK/SELECT.
  4. Next to Front LED Display, use the right/left arrow keys to toggle between Current Time and Current Channel.
  5. Press EXIT on your remote to return to normal TV viewing.
Rookie

THANK YOU so much Joey1986. I appreciate your help. 

Newcomer

How do we set the display so that when we turn the DVR off, we still see the time displayed.  It was always automatic on my old silver box but with this new black one I can't seem to set that up. 

I tried turning off the box and then using the remote to turn on the menu and look for it in that weird black and white menu but found nothing.

Thanks!