Browser

Re: Digital converter

I'm in Staten Island, NYC. My 12/13/2017 Spetrum bill indicates the following -

Digital Adapter & Remote  $4.00
Set-Top Box & Remote  $11.75

If Spectrum is going to elimninate the DTA the least they could do is unscramble the Starter TV channels. I have the DTA in a room where the TV isn't used that often, paying for a full-service box would be a waste of money. Enough with the nickel and diming.

Seasoned Contributor

@dfc99: How’s the over-the-air reception in Staten Island? I ask because if it’s good enough, you can just put an antenna on that seldom-used TV if all you want on it is local channels, since you don’t use it enough to justify the cost of a cable box. I’m just throwing that out there.
Browser

OTA reception is spotty. I receive quality reception on only a few channels. And I frequently watch channels on the DTA but not avaiable OTA like our local news channel NY1.

Seasoned Contributor

In that case, you could consider switching to Spectrum pricing. Under Spectrum billing, the price to rent a set-top box is only a tiny bit more than you’re currently paying for the DTA, or about half of what you’re currently paying for your existing set-top box under legacy TWC billing; so you’ll at least be saving a little bit on equipment rental. Just check with Spectrum, either on their website or over the phone, to see what channels you get after you switch over.

Note: You cannot revert to legacy TWC pricing and packaging if you switch to that of Spectrum.

Hope this helps!
Proven Sharer

Another option if you have Spectrum/TWC internet is to get a Roku and use the Spectrum TV app.

Established Sharer

Unlike the legacy DTAs, most set-top boxes also have an HDMI connection.