Digital adapters

Glad I can watch all the different channels in my room now by why can’t I access my dvr list?
5 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Digital adapters

@Missymouse1964wrote:
Glad I can watch all the different channels in my room now by why can’t I access my dvr list?

If you're referring to a DVR in a different room...Spectrum currently only supports whole home DVR for those TWC customers that already had it prior to the merger.  They MAY bring it back at some point in the future, but for now the equipment from Spectrum does not have this functionality.

FYI...you could do this with a TiVo Bolt/Roamio main box and a Mini in another room.

Ok, because we have our dvr on our cable box in the living room so I thought it would carry over to the digital adapter since its the same account and everything
Helper

Even for those legacy customers that still have WHDVR, an actual set top box is needed for the satellite location. The digital adapters wouldn't be able to make use of this function.

Ok thank you
Expert

There is no WHDVR service available for Spectrum customers, only existing TWC ones...

DTA's are the cheapest, one way boxes available and supposedly Spectrum won't even supply them as they are plagued with problems when customers DIY install.

Eventually Spectrum is supposed to release a cloud based DVR, maybe this year.... it will require all new inhome hardware as well as proper signal levels to use docsis 3 modems on all splitter ports whereas DTA's a, cable boxes and dvr's could use worst levels