Newcomer

DVR online access hacked

Hello i called two times to figured out why all my DVR content was being deleted, my first call i was told that they were going to send new codes to my dvr and 3 days later all my programming was deleted i called again and i was told to change my password 2 weeks later all of my game of thrones were deleted it seems like someone got access to my account and they are still logged in with my old credentials recording and deleting my dvr content this is very frustrating because no one has access to my DVR in my house other than my self it's getting to the point where i no longer want dvr service Smiley Sad 3 months with the same issue.
3 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: DVR online access hacked

Gordomillones1 wrote:
Hello i called two times to figured out why all my DVR content was being deleted, my first call i was told that they were going to send new codes to my dvr and 3 days later all my programming was deleted i called again and i was told to change my password 2 weeks later all of my game of thrones were deleted it seems like someone got access to my account and they are still logged in with my old credentials recording and deleting my dvr content this is very frustrating because no one has access to my DVR in my house other than my self it's getting to the point where i no longer want dvr service Smiley Sad 3 months with the same issue.

Replace the cable company DVR with a Tivo.  Us fellow customers can't really help you here.

I apologize for the issues. Once the username and password information is changed it automatically logs anyone that may be logged in out of the account. Have you checked the settings for the shows you record to make sure they are set to do not delete? 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Same thing happened to me.  I discovered this past Saturday night that ALL of my shows that have been on my DVR for months all of a sudden were erased with the exception of shows recorded since 8/25/17.   All of my recordings were there Friday night and there was no power outages and no updates made to the box, that I know of since Friday night.  I         rebooted my dvr box myself to troubleshoot and when that didn't work, I called Spectrum.  They rebooted it remotely and still none of my programs were recovered.  Most of those  programs  are not being repeated or shown on demand so I am REALLY PO'd.   A tech is  coming todaybetween 10am-noon to try and recover my programs and/or to replace my dvr.  I hope I don't have to set up all my saved series again!