Highlighted
Observer

DVR not showing recordings, but they are still there.

Since the recent update to the DVR menus, I'm seeing the following problem.

On several series recordings, the main list will show some number of episodes.  If I click on that show to get the episode list though, I get a blank list, even though there are supposedly 2 episodes there (for example).  Also, the "cover" image displayed is for another show altogether, not the one selected.

I figured out that on the mobile app, the show listings still display properly though, and I successfully kicked off watching several of them this way.

I thought that possibly it had something to do with the fact that I had series recordings for "Figure Skating" and "Gymnastics" on multiple channels, and maybe the DVR menus were choking on this, since when you do that, the Series Manager shows you "Figure Skating (CHANNEL)" to differentiate the two series recordings.   The first two "series" I hit this problem on were these two.

However, that theory fell apart when the same problem cropped up on my recordings of "Planet Earth II" on BBC America.

As of right now, I can watch these problem shows using the phone app to start playback, but it would be nice if this sort of issue got resolved, preferably BEFORE you roll out upgrades in the future.  For now, please do what you can to get our recordings displayed properly on the DVR menus.

4 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: DVR not showing recordings, but they are still there.

Excellent post. I have the exact same problem.

After one hour on the phone with TWC Spectrum tech support, I was told I had a faulty DVR (Cisco 8742HDC). So they shipped me an old Samsung SMT-H3272.

Rather than go to the trouble of re-cabling the power and replacing the Cisco, I am going to ship the Samsung DVR back to TWC Spectrum and watch the "missing" episodes starting them from my Android tablet and TWC.TV.

The CIsco DVR is fine. It's the new firmware that has the problem.

TWC Spectrum: Are you listening?

Newcomer

thank you! hitting play from the app is going to save our recordings!

dani
"computers are dumb"
Observer

Well, the shows I still hadn't watched that had this problem mysteriously are displaying properly now.  I'm no sure if they patched it, or if the box rebooted or what, but it seems to be resolved now.

Rookie

The previously inaccessible recordings may now be played back from the DVR remote.

Yet the software release number did not advance.

Evidently, TWC fixed the problem without noting a new release.

Or the STB fixed itself.