Not applicable

DVR fast forward issues

I have had Spectrum for about 3 weeks.

I have a problem using the fast forward function on my DVRs (all 3 exhibit the same issue).

The fast forward does not work on any recordings done for prime-time ABC network shows. It appears to be fine for ABC local shows, but anything recorded between 8p-midnight on ABC is hosed.

I have already had all 3 cable boxes replaced and still the issue persists, leading me to believe it is a software issue. I live in the 91320 zip code area.

Boxes are ARRIS Spectrum 210-A, all of which have been cold rebooted several times.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: DVR fast forward issues

I wonder if ABC (or it's advertisers) has directed providers to disable fast forward for it's prime time shows.

I don't record anything on ABC and I use a TiVo so I'm not sure if this is isolated to you or not. I'm going to test it out on my own setup tonight.

Trusted Helper

@nprak1956 wrote:

I have had Spectrum for about 3 weeks.

I have a problem using the fast forward function on my DVRs (all 3 exhibit the same issue).

The fast forward does not work on any recordings done for prime-time ABC network shows. It appears to be fine for ABC local shows, but anything recorded between 8p-midnight on ABC is hosed.

I have already had all 3 cable boxes replaced and still the issue persists, leading me to believe it is a software issue. I live in the 91320 zip code area.

Boxes are ARRIS Spectrum 210-A, all of which have been cold rebooted several times.

Any suggestions?

Yes,

This could be ABC doing something to prevent fast-forwarding of commercials just like they do for VOD.  Don't over-reboot the boxes, it strains them.  I don't think this is a software issue.  Have you tried recording something on another network between 8pm-12 am, and than playing it back? Testing the Fast-Forward feature playback on another network between 8pm and midnight?  We know its not the box.  Seems to be too isolated to be a software issue.  Where are you located?  City?  State? and Zip?  Are you running the New Spectrum Guide on the boxes that are doing this?

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

I never had this problem with KABC7 (L.A., CA)'s recordings. Only its and others' VoDs.

--
Ant @ Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) and The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Spectator

i never had any issues about half a month ago with FF any stations content. and i had the arris 6 tuner box and the world box 2.0