Rookie

DVR fast forward has huge delay before returning to normal speed play

A new problem has just cropped up on my DVR this weekend.  The DVR delays a long time (about 7 to 10 seconds) before returning to nomal speed from fast forward when I press the play button.  This never happened before on this DVR.

I believe it is a software issue because it happens no matter which remote I use (I have 2 official and a couple of universal remotes too) and the delay happens only on the exit from fast forward...there is no delay starting fast forward.

I have not been able to correlate the delay with anything else going on at the time (e.g. busy recording or no makes no difference).  The problem persists even after I rebooted the DVR.

My DVR is Spectrum 201-T with Time Warner Spectrum in San Diego.  The firmware version is "OHT3.5.5.0602 Tue Jun 12 2018" according to the diagnostic screen.

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR fast forward has huge delay before returning to normal speed play

@cbjacobs wrote:

A new problem has just cropped up on my DVR this weekend.  The DVR delays a long time (about 7 to 10 seconds) before returning to nomal speed from fast forward when I press the play button.  This never happened before on this DVR.

I believe it is a software issue because it happens no matter which remote I use (I have 2 official and a couple of universal remotes too) and the delay happens only on the exit from fast forward...there is no delay starting fast forward.

I have not been able to correlate the delay with anything else going on at the time (e.g. busy recording or no makes no difference).  The problem persists even after I rebooted the DVR.

My DVR is Spectrum 201-T with Time Warner Spectrum in San Diego.  The firmware version is "OHT3.5.5.0602 Tue Jun 12 2018" according to the diagnostic screen.

Hi,

Cold reboot the DVR.  Unplug for one minute, than plug back in and reboot.  This should fix the delay issue.

Satch

Rookie

Re: DVR fast forward has huge delay before returning to normal speed play

Thank you for your reply.  I did as suggested and cold rebooted the DVR.  However, the original problem still remains.  I have since noticed that it happens sometimes and other times the symptom is gone.  It seems more or less random whether it will be immediately responsive or show the multi-second delay on returning to normal speed.  The behavior is very much like the DVR is busy doing something else and lags responding to the command.  I have not been able to correlate the problem with anything else going on at the time, but the problem does happen for a while (say an hour of viewing) then is gone later in the day.  It definitely seems like some kind of software issue (perhaps with scheduling of tasks?) that makes it less responsive sometimes.