Rookie

DVR can only view recorded series by seasons not by episode/date recorded

Before Spectrum updated their system from Time Warner, when viewing recorded series in my DVR I would open the series and see a list of episodes showing titles, description, and the date recorded with the latest recorded episode being at the top of the list. When Spectrum updated their system, when opening a recorded series such as House Hunters for instance I now see a list of seasons. So I now have to open each season to find whatever episodes are contained within. This is extremely cumbersome as I often have 20 episodes of any Given series recorded in my DVR. So again what I'm looking at is a list of seasons rather than a nice tidy list of episodes with the titles and the description that I can easily scroll through and say okay let's watch this one. This one sounds good. Also I always have a few old episodes of series that I save because they were great episodes and I might want to rewatch at a future date. As these were older, previously with Time Warner the older recorded episodes were at the bottom because again their lineup would show the episode title, description and the latest recorded episode will be at the top. Now with Spectrum the old episodes that I'm saving are all mixed in and arranged by seasons and now I'm opening opening a season ust to find out oh I think this is one of the old ones I'm saving.  I don't know if anyone else is having issue with this but Spectrum has no plans nor interest in addressing this. The representative I spoke with today was almost borderline rude. He told me in no uncertain way basically that Spectrum has no intention of addressing this issue. He told me that they can't change the view. Seriously ??? WRONG !!! So if enough people complain, you're telling me that a multi-milion/billion dollar corporation can't and won't make changes to accommodate its customers?  Repeat  -- WRONG !!!  The rep basically told me to  just deal with it and get over it. Not his words but that's exactly what his words amounted to. I told him thanks for nothing and hung up and now I'm in the Forum. Hopefully, my issue will be better received and, hopefully, perhaps a form of resolution.  BTW, I attempted a Spectrum live chat twice today. Both attempts, after wasting 10 minutes of my time, were unexpectedly closed. I have also called Spectrum several times to express my concerns. I wanted to attach a screenshot, but when selecting the camera option there is no way to upload. The "source" box looks for text and doesn't allow uploads.

Thank you.

Annoyed in NY

10 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: DVR can only view recorded series by seasons not by episode/date recorded

@MizDanger

Thank you for the feedback and we apologize for the frustration.  We will pass along your suggestions for future consideration.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Rookie

Thank you.

Browser

I agree with you. Maybe if each season folder was automatically opened instead of closed this would rid the need of pressing select over and over again. I believe this would allieviate some frustration. This frustrates me quite a bit.

Rookie

Yes, that would help. But everything would still be out of order. However, I just discovered that if I use My DVR Manager in the Spectrum app, all recorded episodes in a series line up perfectly in order recorded with titles and descriptions -- exactly as they used to on the actual DVR box. And I can select watch from the app and the selected episode plays on my DVR. Awesome !!!
Rookie

I have the same problem and am extremely annoyed.  It does not record series correctly.  I can't tell what order to play them in because of the way they are listed and I don't get the whole series recorded either (no conflicts).

Rookie

When will this be fixed???!!!!

Community Manager

@Annie3

I apologize for the frustration.  There is not a known issue impacting customers at this time.  Have you tried restarting the cable box?  This will often resolve most issues.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Rookie

Yes, I have rebooted.  Here is more detail:

I have been recording Masterpiece on PBS for years. However, for a quite while, it records the series very haphazardly and does not put them in order and has incorrect dates that they recorded on them.  THEREFORE, I get lost with what episode I should watch next in the series. For instance, I just watched 3 shows of the the series called "My Mother and Other Strangers." Due to the disorganization of the series listing, I ended up watching episodes 1, 2, & 4, and missed episode 3 due to the disorganized way they are displayed.  The same thing happened recently with PBS's Prime Suspect: Tennison, and also happened with PBS's Home Fires. This problem has been going on for too long.  I chatted about it with a rep and it was suggested that I reboot and of course, that didn't fix it.  This is ridiculous considering how much I pay per month for cable!   I am considering figuring a way to do without cable and use Roku instead where I can get more reliability with PBS series.

Rookie

It's very well KNOWN by your subscribers.  Besides it being annoying and requiring more button pressing - it BOGS DOWN your equipment!  The response rate and time is so unpredictable  should the user even attempt to exit the screen, complete chaos ensues.  Some features sound like a good idea at first, it happens.  However, consumers do not benefit from having 10 million features that don't function most of the time, neither do the providers...and around we go.

In summary, YOUR EQUIPMENT cannot handle this feature.  Due to this, you are losing MONEY and exhausting valuable resources troubleshooting it.