DVR box constantly needs rebooting to make remote work

I have been a TWC customer since October of last year and have had nothing but issues and have been so irriated that I stopped calling in for resolutions.

I have had my WH DVR STB ( living room - non smart tv ) along with a box upstairs in my son's room ( non smart tv) - my son's tv and box and remote work fine.  Mine downstairs doesn't, in order for me to be able to pull up the guide, info, on demand, DVR I literally have to reboot my box for the remote to work.

I have had multiple tech visits - they change the line coming from the pole to the house, they swapped out my DVR box but failed to make sure the "new" one talked to my son's, which required another visit but included the techs supervisor. They added a splitter in the basement, removed same splitter from basement.

They even changed my son's box to MAKE sure it would talk to my box during the tech visit - but still he NEVER had or has any issues except he can't record from his box but can watch what is on the DVR.

This has been an ongoing issue - with zero resolution and no compensation, when we called in and did all their steps and said we want a some kind of compensation we  were denied it because that request would have to come from the tech order. We have been so irritated and aggravated and starting looking for other options but nothing is either available or we have to have a 2 yr agreement. I just want my issue resolved for once and for all with no further problems but it won't happen, the only thing they never changed was the coaxial wire to the box ... and it doesn't come from the wall plate as their is none, it does come from the basement and out from the line.

Please help me resolve this issue.

p.s. when I use the remote I I hit the tv button and cable button to turn the tv on and was told never turn the box off. I have been told each visit that I use the buttons wrong to turn the tv on and get told which ones to use  and it doesn't matter I still have same issues of rebooting box to make remote work.

5 REPLIES
Observer

Re: DVR box constantly needs rebooting to make remote work

I've been having major DVR issues and remote issues today. I've had the issues with 2 enhanced DVRs which makes me think it's another crappy issue Spectrum is causing. On demand isn't available at all and I have trouble trying to access the search function. Also even trying to play something on my DVR takes forever for the DVR to respond after pressing the button on my remote.
Expert

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages and splitter configuration feeding everything.

And yeah, the master power button is garbage.

Your dvr/cable boxes are never turned off, all that is switched is the display.

Observer

Spectrum has been experiencing an issue with OnDemand nationwide today, tech services is working to restore the service and has been all day.

How do I do that?

How can I do that or where do I find that from?