N/A

DVR Unavailable

Hello, I can only access my DVR from the physical box, no where else. According to the website, I should be able to access it on watch.spectrum.net and the mobile app,  but that does not work. I actively have the DVR on, and playing live media, and I still cannot access this feature. 

I get two error codes on the app, one for the guide, one for the DVR:

1. We're sorry, but we are unabe to load the Guide. DGU-1000

2.  Unable to connect to your Spectrum reciever. DCM-1021

On the website, it says, "A compatible set-top box or DVR is required to view the interactive program guide" when I click on "Guide." 

I have scoured the internet for answers, and cannot find any. When I called, the people on the phone didn't seem to understand what I was talking about and then just said that it was a known glitch. This phone call happened two months ago. I am at my wit's end with this terrible lack of customer service and would really like to continue staying with Spectrum, but this can't continue to happen. 

3 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: DVR Unavailable

Good afternoon.

DVR Set Top Boxes running iGuide will not be able to use Remote DVR within the Spectrum TV app.

Some Motorola boxes also are not compatible. Are you able to provide us with the model 

number of the box?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Julia_R wrote:

Good afternoon.

DVR Set Top Boxes running iGuide will not be able to use Remote DVR within the Spectrum TV app.

Some Motorola boxes also are not compatible. Are you able to provide us with the model 

number of the box?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Additionally,

It can take between 48-72 hours for mobile services to become available on a new or swapped DVR box.  Also, are you in a former TWC Market or always Charter-Spectrum market?  If you are in a former TWC market, you should swap the box for an Arris, Cisco/Technicolor, or Samsung model.  These boxes run the guide, known as the New Guide, or Navigator.  Those boxes will connect to remote DVR services within 72 hours of installation, usually 48 hours.

Legacy Charter-Spectrum areas, those boxes may not work with remote services yet.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Satch wrote:

Those boxes will connect to remote DVR services within 72 hours of installation, usually 48 hours.

Actually Satch it can sometimes take less time than that now, it depends on the hub's servers.  Another possible stumbling block (so to speak) is the boxes are not paired up.  The CableCard inside need to be paired with it's "host" (meaning the box it's installed inside of).  Checking for pairing is an easy step to do for anyone with access to the billing system (i.e.: customer support departments & dispatch).

Also what @Julia_R said needs to be taken into consideration -- It definitely needs to be an ODN box, not an iGuide/Rovi box.  Some newer models were also installed with iGuide instead of ODN, due to customer requests in the past; and those boxes will typically have an orange R31 sticker on the back by where the serial #'s are located.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.