Newcomer

DVR Recordings

I recently had the Spectrum update.  When we go to our DVR Recordings, it shows the list of recorded shows.  But when you click on some of them (not all) to play then back, it shows future recordings instead of ones that are already recorded.  For instance, we were taping Port Protection Alaska.  On the list it says that there are 2 recordings, so we open that up and all your see after a list of future recordings some with the key symbol with them and some that  have a record selection next to them.  It is already set to record.  I am confused about why the recordings list would show future shows to be recorded.  I am not in other lists of scheduled or manage.  It is the DVR recordings list which is where we have always played back our DVR shows.  Other shows that show we open and there is nothing but the recorded show as usual.  So it is not happening with every show recording.

9 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Recordings

dkeul1 wrote:

I recently had the Spectrum update.  When we go to our DVR Recordings, it shows the list of recorded shows.  But when you click on some of them (not all) to play then back, it shows future recordings instead of ones that are already recorded.  For instance, we were taping Port Protection Alaska.  On the list it says that there are 2 recordings, so we open that up and all your see after a list of future recordings some with the key symbol with them and some that  have a record selection next to them.  It is already set to record.  I am confused about why the recordings list would show future shows to be recorded.  I am not in other lists of scheduled or manage.  It is the DVR recordings list which is where we have always played back our DVR shows.  Other shows that show we open and there is nothing but the recorded show as usual.  So it is not happening with every show recording.

With this new update,

Shows, in fact anything that is not a movie, is organized by Series Original Airdate.  At the top in white lettering you will see the most recent episode of the most recent series in the system for recording or viewing at that time.  It may look something like this:

Season 6 Episode 5 

Season 6 Episode 4

Season  6 Episode 5

Season 5 Episode 10

Season 5  Episode 9

Season 5 Episode  8

The top part in white lettering will show the current series episode.  Currently, you have to scroll down to see what season's episode is showing and when you do, notice that the very top of the page changes to white lettering.  That's the episode that you can record.

If  you know what Season to which your series episodes belongs in, its not too hard to find.  However, what is confusing to some customers is if they don't know the Season number to which their episode belongs, they can't find the show.  The shows will still have a red dot next to them that are set for recording.

Satch

Newcomer

But last night, 4/4/2017, under My Recordings, it lists all the shows that have recorded and how many episodes there are recorded.  These should just be recorded shows (not future recordings).   When you clicked open  Port Protection Alaska, this is what showed up:

Season 2

1.  Airing Apr 11 @ 6:00 pm

2.Airing Apr 18 @ 6:00 pm

and on and on......

Those are not recorded because those dates haven't occurred.  They should only be listing episodes that HAVE recorded, not FUTURE episodes to record.

That is my point.  This does not happen with all the shows we are taping.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem as you are. I called Customer Service and someone from their Technical team is supposed to call me back within 48 hours so if they are able to resolve this issue, I will post their solution. I feel your pain....

Newcomer

We're having the same problem. One specific series only shows future recording- not the 14 episodes we already have recorded. Taking to spectrum twitter right now and doing a hard reboot.
Newcomer

I am having the same problem listed below. The new Spectrum DVR recording list is crap. I just want to watch the shows I have recorded on the DVR and watch them from the other DVRs in my home. You need to go back to the older menu. I rebooted the DVR and was able to watch one of my recorded episodes after finally seeing the DVR only option. The DVR stated it had to load the recorded episodes. Then the DVR option disappeared again, along with the ability to watch my recorded shows. I cannot keep unplugging and plugging the DVR in just to see the 17 remaining episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that I have recorded. This is a bad bug in your software and it rolled out too quickly without proper testing. Fix it! I pay a lot of money each month and this should not be happening. Remove the future listings of shows from this menu. It does not belong here. On demand is OK, as stations such as CBS, keep messing up recordings when sporting events are shown previously. So I have to resort to On Demand to see the actual show I had recorded.
Rookie

We are having the same issues. We saw something recording tonight and it was in the DVR recordings, we lost last weeks episode and found a bootleg copy on YouTube so we watched that. Then when we came back to the DVR the episode was gone and no where to be found. The only thing that showed up was all the other weeks and the future one. Very annoying.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

We are having the same exact thing. Right now we are rebooting the box, but this is insane. Where are my shows? I don't want to see future episodes I want to see the (5) recordings the list shows.

Alls I can say is they better get their act together or we are switching.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Might have found a work around for this as I was haveing same issue for one of my shows the rest were fine though. Go to the show in your list hit play then stop it or switch channels. The recorded shows should show up. Problem seems the filter was stuck on All but only show on demand and future records.

Well this worked once but only seems to work if there isn't on demand of that epidsode yet.

Participant

[ Edited ]

Having issues with the recordings also. Majority of what we had recorded is gone. Deleted to "make room" for new recordings. Yet we were not even close to filling it up. Absolutely (edited) since we record everythign because of our work schedules.