Rookie

DVR Recordings are Disapearing!

A week ago all of my DVR recordings were gone.  The Scheduled recordings were gone.

A message appeared on screen "ALL OR PART OF YOUR RECORDINGS WILL BE ERASED".

i  was told this was result of major software up date.  I reset my scheduled recordings that evening.  Several  neighbors said they had the same problem.

Called for service appointment.  Repair man had not heard of any loss of recordings.

He checked all connections, etc.  Only thing he could think of was defective DVR.  He replaced the DVR.  Once again I reprogramed scheduled shows.  Prior to going to bed I noticed several shows had been recorded.  The next morning all shows recorded and scheduled had once again been removed.  I have tried re-booting sever times.  My daughter

noticed message on screen "CLEANING DISK"  Both of these messages appeared between

12 AM and @2 AM.  I was told this is when updates are down loaded.  Spectrum service, and

repairman said they would elevate up the ladder with engineering.  I

Has any on had these problems?  I am in the Temecula, CA area.  HELP!

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Recordings are Disapearing!

wcm92563 wrote:

A week ago all of my DVR recordings were gone.  The Scheduled recordings were gone.

i  was told this was result of major software up date.  I reset my scheduled recordings that evening.  Several  neighbors said they had the same problem.

Called for service appointment.  Repair man had not heard of any loss of recordings.

He checked all connections, etc.  Only thing he could think of was defective DVR.  He replaced the DVR.  Once again I reprogramed scheduled shows.  Prior to going to bed I noticed several shows had been recorded.  The next morning all shows recorded and scheduled had once again been removed.  I have tried re-booting sever times.  My daughter

noticed message on screen "CLEANING DISK"  Both of these messages appeared between

12 AM and @2 AM.  I was told this is when updates are down loaded.  Spectrum service, and

Wow!

That is awful.  Going through two DVR's you know it can't be the box.  They must have pushed an update through.  What is your zip code?  Are you in a legacy Charter or a legacy TWC area?  What guide do you have?  (Navigator? (in TWC areas) The New Spectrum Guide?  (Gradually being rolled out to new customers in legacy Charter Markets.)  I-Guide ? (In some TWC  markets and Charter markets.) Moxi? (in legacy Charter markets) or  SARA? (a guide in one legacy Charter market.)

Image searching for the names of these guides will show pictures of them, if you are not familiar with their names.  Also, what is the make and model of your cable box?

This topic really should be in the EQUIPMENT section.  Mods may want to move it there for easier reference.  Let us know what happens tonight.  Updates are done from 12am-6am when scheduled to happen.  Additionally, voicemail messages are played when you call Spectrum if maintenance or updates are occurring in your area.

Post your zip code and the mods can check for updates in that area.

Satch

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Recordings are Disapearing!

Satch wrote:

wcm92563 wrote:

Wow!

That is awful.  Going through two DVR's you know it can't be the box.  They must have pushed an update through.  What is your zip code?  Are you in a legacy Charter or a legacy TWC area?  What guide do you have?  (Navigator? (in TWC areas) The New Spectrum Guide?  (Gradually being rolled out to new customers in legacy Charter Markets.)  I-Guide ? (In some TWC  markets and Charter markets.) Moxi? (in legacy Charter markets) or  SARAH? (a guide in one legacy Charter market.)

Image searching for the names of these guides will show pictures of them, if you are not familiar with their names.  Also, what is the make and model of your cable box?

This topic really should be in the EQUIPMENT section.  Mods may want to move it there for easier reference.  Let us know what happens tonight.  Updates are done from 12am-6am when scheduled to happen.  Additionally, voicemail messages are played when you call Spectrum if maintenance or updates are occurring in your area.

Post your zip code and the mods can check for updates in that area.

Satch

Update,

If you want faster service, I would get or log in  to your Twitter account.  Follow the  @AskSpectrum page and send a private Direct Message (DM) to them.  Tell the story you told here and also provide your account information in the PM.  They should be able to get back to you faster and explain what happened.  When you provide your account information in the PM, they should be able to tell what box you have as well.  Mention that the neighbors had the same thing happen to them.