Observer

DVR Menu & Remote Problems

I've been having major DVR issues and remote issues today. I've had the issues with 2 enhanced DVRs which makes me think it's another crappy issue Spectrum is causing. On demand isn't available at all and I have trouble trying to access the search function. Also even trying to play something on my DVR takes forever for the DVR to respond after pressing the button on my remote.
3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: DVR Menu & Remote Problems

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages and splitter configuration feeding everything.

Trusted Helper

stangkev97 wrote:
I've been having major DVR issues and remote issues today. I've had the issues with 2 enhanced DVRs which makes me think it's another crappy issue Spectrum is causing. On demand isn't available at all and I have trouble trying to access the search function. Also even trying to play something on my DVR takes forever for the DVR to respond after pressing the button on my remote.

Greetings,

I have the same issues above when the Advanced Search and/ or On Demand goes down.  This is due to server maintenance or an upgrade to the system.  Everything will be slower because the system is in a back up mode to get information and respond to commands.  You may also experience the above if you have had storm issues in the area recently.

Rebooting in this instance, traditionally will not help.  Both search and On Demand are cloud-based on the advanced system boxes.  It may take between 12-48 hours to get everything back online.  If you don't see any improvement by tomorrow morning, I would contact Spectrum via Twitter through their @Ask Spectrum account.  Get a Twitter account and/or log in and follow that account.  Send a direct message with your account information and report that On Demand and Search are both done on your set top box.  This is NOT a box issue,   It is likely a server issue due to maintenance or upgrades.  I hope the Twitter tech team if it gets to that point for you realizes that.  Post back.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Sounds like a signal issue coming to the equipment.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions