Highlighted

DVR - Loading Data... ISSUE

All I can say is WOW - you go up $20 on my monthly bill - and I can't even get the shows on my DVR to load when I sit down to watch.  Unbelievable.  You will soon be losing me (and I'm sure many more) as a customer - because I receive crappy service - and paying more money.   I don't have ESP - but I have a strong sense this cable company will NOT be around long at all.  

9 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR - Loading Data... ISSUE

[ Edited ]

VCR_Since_80s wrote:

All I can say is WOW - you go up $20 on my monthly bill - and I can't even get the shows on my DVR to load when I sit down to watch.  Unbelievable.  You will soon be losing me (and I'm sure many more) as a customer - because I receive crappy service - and paying more money.   I don't have ESP - but I have a strong sense this cable company will NOT be around long at all.  

Greetings,

We provide technical support and assistance in this forum.  We are willing to help and can begin with giving us the following information:

1.) What is the make and model of the DVR?

2.) How long have you had the box?

3.) Have you had a technician out to check your signals and drop line?

4.) Have you tried powering off the box, unplugging the power and rebooting the DVR?

I would answer the following questions and do step #4.  If the loading data problem comes back, you should contact Spectrum for a signal and drop-line test.  Box swaps will not solve bad signal issues, the tech may need to replace your drop line,  If you have any splitters in the house, remove them, they can decrease signal strength by up to ninety percent.

Please post back and let us know how this goes.  This could be a very simple fix.  We are here to help!

Satch

I had (have) the same problem.  I record a show and then when I go back to watch it, sometimes it says "loading data".  If I click on "loading data" a box pops up and says that the recording is not available at this time, try back later.  When I come back later, it either works correctly or it still says "loading data".  It's frustrating.  I rebooted box myself, same thing.  I called Tech support, they had me reboot, same thing.  Then they called back and did a ping to reboot and still the same thing.  I had a tech come to the house.  He measured something and then replaced my box.  Ticked me off since I had shows on the old box that I wanted to watch/keep and I lost them.  Ok, "new" box.  Ok for a couple days but then, same old problem.  My friend also has the same problem.  Have a feeling it's in Spectrum's software.  Anyway, the problem still isn't fixed but I'm "living with it"  (Frustratingly so)

Trusted Helper

sailored wrote:

I had (have) the same problem.  I record a show and then when I go back to watch it, sometimes it says "loading data".  If I click on "loading data" a box pops up and says that the recording is not available at this time, try back later.  When I come back later, it either works correctly or it still says "loading data".  It's frustrating.  I rebooted box myself, same thing.  I called Tech support, they had me reboot, same thing.  Then they called back and did a ping to reboot and still the same thing.  I had a tech come to the house.  He measured something and then replaced my box.  Ticked me off since I had shows on the old box that I wanted to watch/keep and I lost them.  Ok, "new" box.  Ok for a couple days but then, same old problem.  My friend also has the same problem.  Have a feeling it's in Spectrum's software.  Anyway, the problem still isn't fixed but I'm "living with it"  (Frustratingly so)

Greetings,

If you are getting the "Loading Data" a lot this could be a signal or drop line issue.  What is the make and mdel of the cable box?

Satch

CISCO 9865HDC

Trusted Helper

sailored wrote:

CISCO 9865HDC

Hi,

The Loading Data issue is not a box issue.  I would contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test.  The tech should also check the junction box on your street. Please specify that Spectrum put this in the work order.  There is likely a two-way communications problem with the box communicating with your network.  Make sure you tell the tech that you have gone through two boxes with no change to this issue and that you suspect a signal or drop-line problem.

Additionally, remove any splitters you may have connected.  They can reduce signal strength by up to ninety percent.  Very important-Try to avoid resetting your box, or Internet Service modem or router if you have this for at least six hours before your tech appointment.  Resetting the box or modem will clear signal error codes.  This will result in the tech often finding nothing wrong when there is an issue.

Keep us posted.  You also have a great model box.  Try to hold onto it.  That is a six-tuner DVR and Spectrum no longer gives out six-tuner DVR's.

Satch

Spectator

I have the same issue with my Enhanced DVR, never had the issue when with TWC, only with Spectrum.  I found a workaround that lets you watch a recording when it gives you the loading error.  First, select the recording you are trying to watch. Then, select the delete shows option thats on to the left, it should take you back out to your DVR recordings list and now show the the program title that wouldn't load before. Click the Info button on your remote control, it should now give you the option to watch the recording. Just make sure you don't select it to be deleted when you are doing this. This has worked for me so far,  when a recording just keeps saying  "loading", so that I am able to watch it. I hope this works for you as well.

You, Sir, are a genius.

Rookie

Correct, it is not a box issue, IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM....

I HATE YOUR NEW SOFTWARE! At least a couple times a week I go to watch a show that I have recorded and when I select a show, it says "getting info" and just spins that stupid spinwheel. Then if I go back an hour or 2 later, then it works and pulls up all the episodes I have recorded. And I don't want a technician to come out, IT IS YOUR SOFTWARE!!!  AND i PAY $230 A MONTH FOR THIS CRAP??

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Thanks  to stangkev97!!!! That worked for me!