Highlighted
Browser

DVR GUIDE: "ALL AIRTIMES" not showing all airtimes.

Hi, over the past few days I've noticed when searching for a program it only gives one airtime as an option to record. For instance The Daily Show is on at 11pm and 1:40am(repeat of same episode) yet when searching for "all airtimes" it only shows the 1:40am episode. And thats the only choice given to be able to record. I can still record manually through the guide because I know that The Daily Show is on at 11pm so therefore I can go directly there and hit record. Thats just a small example. This problem is with all programs with multiple airings across the board. Only one airtime option. So if I don't know when a program has another airing then I cannot find it to record. It was never like this before a few days ago. This is an twc/spectrum  8742HDC dvr and using their remote. Using the guide through the tv/dvr not online. Whats up? Thank you.

22 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR GUIDE: "ALL AIRTIMES" not showing all airtimes.

mermaidlil wrote:

Hi, over the past few days I've noticed when searching for a program it only gives one airtime as an option to record. For instance The Daily Show is on at 11pm and 1:40am(repeat of same episode) yet when searching for "all airtimes" it only shows the 1:40am episode. And thats the only choice given to be able to record. I can still record manually through the guide because I know that The Daily Show is on at 11pm so therefore I can go directly there and hit record. Thats just a small example. This problem is with all programs with multiple airings across the board. Only one airtime option. So if I don't know when a program has another airing then I cannot find it to record. It was never like this before a few days ago. This is an twc/spectrum  8742HDC dvr and using their remote. Using the guide through the tv/dvr not online. Whats up? Thank you.

Hello,

Just to add, sometimes I have the same problem on my Cisco 9865 box running Navigator 8.0.  The guide can scan up to 14 days ahead.  Sometimes more air times will be added as the date of the first airing gets closer and other times not.

For instance, a current example is this Saturday, there is a Boxing match on HBO at 8:45 CT-

HBO  8:45 PM
Miguel Cotto vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai

The search results on my box as of last night begin with a replay time of the fight.  The live result is only in the Time Grid.  Maybe by the weekend this will change as the guide search is cloud-based.  However, this is an example of Navigator's often incomplete or missing search data on ADSG boxes.

The guide on the older, although limited SA model boxes has less search options, but it has more reliable search listing data.

Satch

Browser

This NEW problem still persists.  ALL programs with MULTIPLE AIRINGS only give one AIR TIME option in "ALL AIRTIMES".  Not some...ALL.

Trusted Helper

mermaidlil wrote:

This NEW problem still persists.  ALL programs with MULTIPLE AIRINGS only give one AIR TIME option in "ALL AIRTIMES".  Not some...ALL.

Thanks!

We know of this issue,

But for reference can you provide a couple of shows or series that exhibit this behavior?  I do not have this problem with all shows.  However, sometimes there are selected shows where all air times do not show on the ADSG boxes.  Just the Time Grid.

It helps to give your box make and model as well as location when reporting bugs of this nature.

Satch

Browser

Ok did a little work and here goes...

Please remember this just started around the end of last week(refer to first post), never experienced this before. And it affects All programing...ALL.

So the dvr is a Cisco 8742HDC.  And I am located in Yucca Valley, CA.

Here are the examples requested of dates, channels, shows, the multiple airtimes actually in the guide and the only airtime given when searching through the programs "ALL AIRTIMES" feature.  An * will denote the ONE airtime given through "ALL AIRTIMES".

8/23 pbs Nova *8pm & 1:30am

syfy Blood Drive 10pm & *3am

fx  Snowfall *10pm & 11:02pm & 1:05am

8/28 amc Preacher 9pm & 11:04pm & 3:38am (only given airtime on 8/30 *1am)

8/29 tbs Conan 11pm & * 12:30am

8/31 lifetime Project Runway 9pm & *1:02am

That's just a sample...it is the same issue(refer to first post) with ALL programs with multiple airings.

Ok...phew...enough of this for now. Hopefully can be fixed soon. Thanks.

Browser

Hi, here is some new info to add to the problems regarding the above issue. 

If manually recording through the grid one of the airtimes(see above) of a particular episode that is not the ONE given airtime in the "ALL AIRTIMES" feature then this happens: when locating this scheduled program through the schedule menu it has none of the info a normal scheduled program would have. There is no picture of the show...the menu selections below do not include RECORD OPTIONS or CANCEL REC ...and the mid section is lacking in all the shows info.  However if I schedule a recording of the given ONE "ALL AIRTIMES" choice then everything is normal in this respect.

Is this ALL making sense? Hope being as clear as possible. ???  Is it Spectrum themselves that are getting these inquiries for help? Not sure whats up? Anyone? Thanks.

Browser

FYI...to whom it may concern...same problem continues... : (

Trusted Helper

mermaidlil wrote:

If manually recording through the grid one of the airtimes(see above) of a particular episode that is not the ONE given airtime in the "ALL AIRTIMES" feature then this happens: when locating this scheduled program through the schedule menu it has none of the info a normal scheduled program would have. There is no picture of the show...the menu selections below do not include RECORD OPTIONS or CANCEL REC ...and the mid section is lacking in all the shows info.  However if I schedule a recording of the given ONE "ALL AIRTIMES" choice then everything is normal in this respect.

Is this ALL making sense? Hope being as clear as possible. ???  Is it Spectrum themselves that are getting these inquiries for help? Not sure whats up? Anyone? Thanks.

Yes,  I think I understand this,

If you are in the Time Grid and the keyboard Search does NOT show the grid time in the database, there is no other way to get to the show other than to manually go to the grid and set up the recording that way.  (That is how I had to set up my HBO boxing show this weekend.)

When this happens in my case on my Cisco 9865 box, there is no cover art in the search screen with the missing time grid information, because the missing show does not appear in the search in the first place.

Other times in a search when you are scrolling down the list of episodes in a series, it will say "Loading Data" for an eternity.  You need to press Exit or C on the Remote to leave the screen.

Missing cover art in Navigator 8.0 can sometimes equate to the data not being downloaded from the server.  The search integration in Navigator 8.0 integrates with the Time Grid data and the search screens.  But as we are seeing in many markets, there are times when it does not integrate very well, if at all.  Other times it can be slow but OK, and other times, no problems.

Satch

Browser

Thank you for your comment.  As of today same problem; ANY program with multiple airings has only ONE airtime given in ALL AIRTIMES feature. Hope the examples of shows,times, etc. given above were clear. This is a function I've used on  a daily basis for many years and now its not working at all, spoiling the whole reason to even have a spectrum dvr.  Hopefully they return this function to  normal soon or I'll definitly look to elsewhere for reliable services.

Trusted Helper

Satch wrote:

mermaidlil wrote:

Yes,  I think I understand this,

If you are in the Time Grid and the keyboard Search does NOT show the grid time in the database, there is no other way to get to the show other than to manually go to the grid and set up the recording that way.  (That is how I had to set up my HBO boxing show this weekend.)

When this happens in my case on my Cisco 9865 box, there is no cover art in the search screen with the missing time grid information, because the missing show does not appear in the search in the first place.

Other times in a search when you are scrolling down the list of episodes in a series, it will say "Loading Data" for an eternity.  You need to press Exit or C on the Remote to leave the screen.

Missing cover art in Navigator 8.0 can sometimes equate to the data not being downloaded from the server.  The search integration in Navigator 8.0 integrates with the Time Grid data and the search screens.  But as we are seeing in many markets, there are times when it does not integrate very well, if at all.  Other times it can be slow but OK, and other times, no problems.

Satch

Gonna ask a general question,

Have you cold rebooted the box?  (Power and TV off) unplugged for one minute, just to see if that solves the problem?  This is different that the Reboot Box option in Settings, which is a warm reboot.  Sometimes the listing data can get corrupted and this may fix this.

I have had the search not pick up shows on the advanced boxes, both an Arris 3510-M and my current Cisco 9865.  But I have not had an instance where EVERY show only displays one air time with multiple airtimes selected.  Try the cold reboot and report back.  Than check again in a few hours to see if more listing data has populated the search.

Satch