Spectator

Code IA01

Cisco DVR would not come on. Like cable was out. I could watch recorded shows and the station ID would show when changing channels. Call two and they said they would reset all boxes within 10 minutes but it never did. Did a hard reboot and got the error message IA01 and the the app could not download. Called back and basically said they had upgraded the service and now both my boxes are stuck and they are different brands and ages. Now they want me to disconnect both boxes and bring in to replace. This is ridiculous! I hate twc!
12 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: Code IA01

Florence, SC. I agree this is a signal problem since all TV's with a box have the same error message and the TV's without a box are very fuzzy as well. Set up a service call for them to hopefully fix today. Just shows you how little the CS reps really know. If I had done what she suggested, I would have exchanged my boxes, with my recordings on them, and would have still had the problem.
Expert

Thought I left you a message to copy and paste your modems signal level and error log page and where it's splitter was in relation to the boxes.

Something like an amplifier has died. If there's one, make sure it has power. You need to get a tech out

Spectator

Have no idea where to find the modems signal level and error log page. But the internet and phone are working fine. Tech to come out today.
Expert

192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1

If it's an old docsis 2 modem it will work with levels unacceptable to DVR/Cable boxes and Docs 3 modems that are far more critical... I suspect upstream at max.

Is there just a splitter or an amplifed splitter with a VOIP bypass port?

If so , the modem will work but everything on the out put ports die if it fails or power is lost

Newcomer

I got this code after i unplugged the unit to restart it and then the IA01 error would show up everytime I would restart it.  I took the DVR in and exchange it thinking that this was a fatal error in the software and there must be a corrupt file or something.  Pluged in the exchanged unit and still got IA01 error.  Talked to the online chat help and they asked me to do several things including removing any spllitters I had.  Well there are two co-axle cables that come in the house from one splitter and one is for the internet modem and the other goes to the DVR.  After switching the locations on the splitter I saw no effect and while chatting with the techs was reading forums.  So they had setup an onsite visit to try to resolve the issue an d  I decided to plug the DVR into the co-axle cable for the modem that was working just fine and what do you know there app fully loaded.  So I went and traced the other co-axle cable back and didn't fine anything wrong with it but wiggled it around and moved it to see if I had kinked or damaged it somewhere.   Plugged the DVR back in to the origonal co-axle cable and it started working again.  So what I beleive error IA01 is address code that we see in PLCs and it stands for Analog Input #01 and that is for the co-axle cable input.

Newcomer

I tell you time Warner should hire you because they obviously have not one employee who knows what they are doing. They must have a paper that tells them to say be patient your box is upgrading. My box has been upgrading for fourteen hours according to TWC. Read your post so I took the DVR into the one room where it was working and it is like a miracle. Box started booting. So for fourteen off and on today I have spent screwikh with this box amd chatting with (edited) who works for time Warner cable. Not to mention my ONLY day off of work was completely ruined and wasted. Hate hate hate TWC!!! Had direct TV and dish never in years did I have the issues I have had with TWC in months. It is the worse

Newcomer

Thank you! I unplugged the coaxel and the power, after 3 failed reboots. Now I pray Netflix will work. Something upgraded yesterday, as our List for DVR looks totally different. TV back, but no Netflix. Says I'm not connected to internet. I'm confused. Any suggestions?
Spectrum Employee

This worked - check cable cord to see if there are any "kinks" in the cord, system should boot right up after cord is cleared. :-)

Newcomer

This is a great explanation.  Thanks for doing the research and providing a solution.