Cisco 9865HDC DVR Recording Problem

Hi just switched over from DirecTv and really enjoying the service overall. The only problem I'm having is actually getting shows to record. On my Directv I just hit the record button and it would record and if I hit it twice it would record the series. On my 9865 on Wednesday after the tech left I set it up to record survivor later that night and went through all the menus and selections and went to watch it the next day and it recorded nothing. At 6 pm on thursday I scrolled over in the guide to Big Bang Theory which plays at 8 pm hit record and went through the options to record the series how many episodes to keep etc hit yes to confirm and then went into the scheduled section on the dvr and there was nothing there. So I tried recording something else that was on at a future time and it wouldn't let me set that up either. So 8 pm rolls around and BBT starts so I hit record and it'll let me record just that episode and it seems like its only when the actual show is on from tests I did with other shows. What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Cisco 9865HDC DVR Recording Problem

How new is "new customer"? Some options don't work for 24-48 hours...

I assume you're a Spectrum, not a TWC legacy customer of which almost everyone here on the forum is the latter. Spectrum has slightly different program instructions, TWC had 2 depending on the box & firmware. Which guide do you have? ( please describe the page)

Trusted Helper

Re: Cisco 9865HDC DVR Recording Problem

MsRaye wrote:

How new is "new customer"? Some options don't work for 24-48 hours...

I assume you're a Spectrum, not a TWC legacy customer of which almost everyone here on the forum is the latter. Spectrum has slightly different program instructions, TWC had 2 depending on the box & firmware. Which guide do you have? ( please describe the page)

I have this box. It is very good,  Follow these steps:

1.) In addition to what Ms. Raye said, I would like you to run some recording tests for us.  Go to the Guide.  Press The Guide button on your remote, and see that you are in the Time Grid.

2.) Next, find a show that is on right now and select the REC button on your remote.  Press that button.  If the recorded indicator light shows on your box.  Let it record for about five minutes.  Additionally, if you see a screen that says "Record This Show."  Hit the Select button.  Do NOT select "Record Series" at this time.

3.) After five minutes press the DVR list button on your remote.  Now, select the option that should appear to play back your recording.  If your recording plays back, we know your box can record.

4.) If your recording does not play back.  A blank screen, log in to the "My Account" Service with the same username and password that you use here.  Go to your TV services, and the Troubleshooting tab.  There will be a way to reauthorize your box.  Go through the steps to do that.  Than try to set up and play back a recording using the steps above.  Please note that the authorization of your box could take up to 20 minutes.  If you don 't see a reathorization option, please reboot your box.  This could take up to 10 minutes.  Try recording and playing back something  again.

5.) If THAT doesn't work, you will need to set up a service call with Spectrum.  Tell them that the box is a brand new model and you have tried all the steps to record and can't do it.  Ask Spectrum to dispatch a technician to test your signals and drop line.  A swapped box will not solve bad signals or drop line problems.  Your signals for recording shows may not be getting to the DVR.

6.) The installer is supposed to test the basic recording options before he leaves.  I assume that this was not done  Please post back any progress on this.  Also note that Remote DVR Services will take up to 48 hours to work on a newly installed DVR.

Satch