Newcomer

Channel lineup display

Hello, just exchanged my defective dvr for the latest model, Arris dcx3510-m. Is there a way to color code the channel lineup to highlight types of programs, such as sports or movies, etc. for more rapid scanning  as the previous model automatically did? Also, can you dim the display?

thanks.

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Channel lineup display

@Mark3 wrote:

Hello, just exchanged my defective dvr for the latest model, Arris dcx3510-m. Is there a way to color code the channel lineup to highlight types of programs, such as sports or movies, etc. for more rapid scanning  as the previous model automatically did? Also, can you dim the display?

thanks.

Hi Mark,

You must have come from the use of the I-Guide.  Spectrum's two newest guides are Navigator and the New Spectrum Guide.  In the coming years, all boxes will be converted to the new Spectrum guide, but for now, the Arris box runs Navigator.

You currently can not have a different color code for Movies, Shows, and Sports, although this would be a nice feature in a future upgrade.  You do have some other cool features on that box and guide:

• Expanded Search for Movies, TV Shows, Actors, Events, Subjects
  • Expanded Guide Filtering.  Press Search twice in the Time Grid. and you can select only the channels you want to see in the grid.  For example "Subscribed" will show only the channels in your package plan,
  • Recently Viewed:  Hit the up or down/arrow to display the last 14 shows that you have watched, DVR'ed, or seen On Demand. and use the arrow keys to go to those stations.  This can be turned off in settings.
  • Cover Art for Movies, Shows, and Series.

Here is more info on how to use the new Guide:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/new-guide.html

I don't think that you can dim the display on this model, but of you go to Settings, (Press Settings) on your Remote, and go to Clock Options, I think that there is an OFF setting.  If there is, this should show nothing when the box is turned off.  I am not sure in this though.

Satch

Helper

This is exactly the reason that, when I still had leased cable boxes, that I much preferred I-Guide to Navigator.

Trusted Helper

@reds91185 wrote:

This is exactly the reason that, when I still had leased cable boxes, that I much preferred I-Guide to Navigator.

Good call Reds!

We never had I-Guide in my Milwaukee Wisconsin market.  We were Passport and than Navigator.  I-Guide has really held up well through the guide changes.   Did any cable provider ever release an HD version of I-Guide?

Satch

Helper

@Satch wrote:

@reds91185 wrote:

Good call Reds!

We never had I-Guide in my Milwaukee Wisconsin market.  We were Passport and than Navigator.  I-Guide has really held up well through the guide changes.   Did any cable provider ever release an HD version of I-Guide?

Satch

Not that I'm aware of. I had i-Guide 25 years ago in North Texas when I was with Charter, and more recently in the Atlanta area with Comcast and again North Texas with Time Warner Cable. They were the same non-HD version.