Highlighted
Newcomer

Can't schedule recordings but I can record shows on now

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Can't schedule recordings but I can record shows on now

Hi Duckey,

We need more information to help.  Is it the cable box or a mobile device from which you cannot record shows?  What is the make and model of the box?  What error message do you get?  If you have the New Guide, go under DVR List and to the Recording Manager, find the show and tell us any error message including the number in parenthesis.

Have you rebooted the box?  Have you made any changes to your services or billing?

Where are you located?  City?  State?  Zip?

Satch

Spectrum Employee

What you're describing is most commonly a coding error in the billing system and/or CableCard authorization issue.   Sometimes you can fix that yourself before even calling it in by simply rebooting the box.

Which make & model?  There's a way to verify what's causing this on Arris boxes:

Spoiler
Press CBL, then press & hold the OK button (aiming at the cable box's front) for 10 seconds until the little envelope icon appears, then let go pof the OK button and press the down arrow immediately after, scroll through to the DVR section and make sure it's authorized fully.

If not authorized fully, gonna have to have the call center "video" support to fix it on our end, as it would be account-side more than likely. 

The agent would need to (proceed to next if previous step fails to resolve), in order:

1.  Check service codes, correct any missing EZ007's, LI035's, etc.

2. Addressable, update subscriber, and refresh hits.  Check to make sure hits were sent sucessfully

3. Remove the cable occurence, re-assign the occurence to the MAC, and then pairing hit and step #2 again.  Verify CableCard pairing was successful.

4.  Store swap.

If all that is unsuccessful, then would be time to schedule a technician & please make sure outlets behind furniture are accessible.

The fact you're able to record shows on now means it's probably software not hardware, and thus fixable over a support phone call.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Spectrum Employee

This has been happening to a lot of people who replace or pick up new DVRs.

A reboot (unplug then plug back in) should clear it right up.

Newcomer

THANK YOU so much!  I was having this problem and had been able to set a recording with the app, so I knew something wasn't right with the box.  The unplug and plug back in did the trick, but I did wait 15 seconds before plugging backin.