Observer

Can't delete scheduled recordings

Hi!

Sometimes I have multiple recordings of a series recording show up in Scheduled Recordings. I used to be able to delete these from Scheduled Recordings and then save "Do Not Delete" the recordings I wanted. Now, I'm only able to do that for some shows and others do not have a Record Options option. 

I did an online chat, did the requested reboot, and nothing. Now, I supposedly have a technician visiting tomorrow, but I don't see how that can help.

Advice? 

8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Can't delete scheduled recordings

@Trace88

I apologize for the frustration and service issue.  If the issue is still not resolved after the service call, then please let us know.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Observer

I cancelled the service appointment because I have too many recordings to watch and don't want a box switch. I  can cancel the scheduled recordings that I don't want from the app and it reflects appropriately on the box so I don't see how the box is an issue . Is there no other way that Spectrum can help me other than a service appointment and a box switch? 

Community Manager

It sounds like the chat representative identified an equipment issue.  If the issue persists, you can also swap the equipment at a local store rather than having a service call.  

James 

Observer

To be frank, the chat representative barely spoke  English.  I'm not confident in the chat representative's expertise and this is why I'm seeking additional help in this forum. Are you suggesting that there are no other options?

Community Manager

The Forums are intended for peer to peer assistance.  For additional help with this matter, we can certainly help.  

Please contact us at 1-888-438-2427,

or you can reach us at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Sharer

Are you using a stand-alone DVR or a whole house DVR? With WH DVR there are certain functions that you can only perform on the "master" DVR box.

Observer

It's a stand alone DVR, thanks! 

Observer

Update- Had a service appointment today. Tech was able to replicate the issue on his test DVR box and his boss saw the same issue on his office DVR. So, not an isue with my box. Apparently, the issue is specifically with Arris Enhanced DVRs. I'm awaiting a fix!