Rookie

Cable Box Firmware Update?

Hello,

This is not a huge problem, just more of a curiousity. I have 3 cable boxes, 2 Cisco ones, and a Spectrum World Box, and I was wondering if we'll ever get the firmware update in that they show in the Spectrum commercials. You know, the one with the more modern looking UI and John Stamos (lol)? The ones that my cable boxes have now, even the brand new Spectrum one, still have the firmware that looked the same as the TWC style UI, just with the Spectrum logo change. In case you dont know what it looks like, I have attached the picture.  

So bascially my question is, will people who used to be TWC customers ever get this update on any boxes? I would expect the Cisco one not to get it because it is a little older, but I would be a little upset if the Spectrum box would not get it. 

Thanks,

Josh

3 REPLIES
Browser

Re: Cable Box Firmware Update?

I've seen the UI on those commercials too. They look like a nightmare to me. I am perfectly happy with the TWC interface. If it's not broke... don't fix it.

Do spectrum customers (who were customers before the merge) have that "John Stamos" interface?

I remember twc used to show a modified version of the twc interface on their ads.

Rookie

I do not have it on any of my boxes. And I do agree with you, the new Spectrum UI is kind of hideous. I found out though that existing TWC and Bright House Networks customers won't get it (yet). The only people that have this interface are the people who were not existing customers before the merger, and are switching over to spectrum now. Eventually, when Charter combines everything, and the TWC name is eliminated completely then we will get it. I think they should give us a choice though between the one we have now and the new one.
Spectator

Jtelia wrote:

Hello,

This is not a huge problem, just more of a curiousity. I have 3 cable boxes, 2 Cisco ones, and a Spectrum World Box, and I was wondering if we'll ever get the firmware update in that they show in the Spectrum commercials. You know, the one with the more modern looking UI and John Stamos (lol)? The ones that my cable boxes have now, even the brand new Spectrum one, still have the firmware that looked the same as the TWC style UI, just with the Spectrum logo change. In case you dont know what it looks like, I have attached the picture.  

So bascially my question is, will people who used to be TWC customers ever get this update on any boxes? I would expect the Cisco one not to get it because it is a little older, but I would be a little upset if the Spectrum box would not get it. 

Thanks,

Josh

According to their last quarter result they are going to start launching the new Spectrum Guide in legacy Time Warner Cable and Bright House Network Markets in January of 2018 if I remember correctly I will listen again to confirm the date and post back. They also said they would have an option for user to opt in to get the update faster as well.