Rookie

CCTV mobile app issues with new TC8717 modem

TWC recently upgraded my modem to the TC8717T from a much older modem. I Currently use and own my own Linksys wifi router which i have connected the TC8717T to - Called time warner so they could shut off the built in wifi to the modem and everything is great in the house.

Except my mobile app for my CCTV system!

Prior to this modem, all i had to do was plug in my IP address and i could watch my cameras anywhere.

Now? Forget it!   Nothing works. I've tried using my public IP address and it doesn't connect. I've tried using the IP that shows in my windows ipconfig and that also won't work. 

Nothing was touched on the DVR for the CCTV and nothing was touched in my linksys router. The only thing that changed was my Modem. 

How can i get my cameras to stream on my phone again from anywhere just like it did??

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: CCTV mobile app issues with new TC8717 modem

is the 8717 in bridge mode?

Are you sure you still have the same public ip?

Spectrum Employee

Hello, @TanyaAD138.  As with what @MsRaye said, the modem would also need to be in bridge mode so that the public IP is handed out to your wireless router.  If just the wireless was disabled on the modem, then it would still be handing out a private IP to your router which would create a doubleNAT.  If you would like to have me log in to the equipment to bridge the modem, I can do that for you.  You would just want to be sure to power cycle your router as well once the modem is put into that mode.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Rookie

The public ip definitely changed and i put that new one in but still no go. How do i activate bridge mode??
Rookie

How do i activate bridge mode ?? ... how do i even log into the modem when it's only a modem and im using my own router?

Expert

it's at 192.168.100.1 if you are going thru a router or at 192.168.0.1 if you are direct connected

Rookie

Thanks! ..

I never set up a username ... and it's asking for login info.   Where do i find that??