Newcomer

Billed charge for digital adapter different than rate card

My current TWC bill shows a charger for each digital adapter of $4.00 per month.  When I pull up the January 2017 rate card for my area, it shows a monthly price of $3.25 per digital adaper.

Either my bill is incorrect or the rate card is incorrect.

The rate card is located here: https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/rate-cards/NE/NE_Erie_6070-RC.pdf

6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Billed charge for digital adapter different than rate card

LarryR wrote:

My current TWC bill shows a charger for each digital adapter of $4.00 per month.  When I pull up the January 2017 rate card for my area, it shows a monthly price of $3.25 per digital adaper.

Either my bill is incorrect or the rate card is incorrect.

The rate card is located here: https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/rate-cards/NE/NE_Erie_6070-RC.pdf

Check your previous month's statement.

TWC raised the rates on the DTA's to $4.00 / month.  It's possible they didn't update the rate card for your location, but the rate increase should have been disclosed on your previous bill.  My notification was inclided on my January statement / bill:

Participant

Most people have 3 boxes that's $12 a month on your bill , it's a shame we have to pay that for a box that was not needed in the first place , just another fee added on the box does what nothing but makes the New 007 a ton of money , ---Kittrell

Established Sharer

Kittrell wrote:

Most people have 3 boxes that's $12 a month on your bill , it's a shame we have to pay that for a box that was not needed in the first place , just another fee added on the box does what nothing but makes the New 007 a ton of money , ---Kittrell

Yep,  it adds up quickly.  They actually started out at $1 / mo when I first got them.  I only pay for three DTA's, but have five televisions.  I use my Roku Boxes on the other two, coupled with the Spectrum TV app to watch live TV on those last two sets.

Sad thing is that if you fail to return it, they will charge you something like $58.  The box pays for itself in 15 months.  After "renting" the obsolete DTA for that long a period of time, the fee should cease to be charged, because in effect, you've bought it, it works, and that is it - they won't replace it, so why continue to charge for it?   Oh right... Because they can.

Established Sharer

Kittrell wrote:

Unfortunately for most of us, from a TWC point of view they were needed to help prevent cable theft. Unencrypted signals were just being split amongst multiple neighbors, or in one case I saw, a neighbor adding their own splitter without the owners knowledge and getting free cable for years.

Valued Participant

exactly.other companies have been digital and encrypted for years.always the big bad cable company.

Contributor

OK, when this was offered to us a few years back, I got two of them for one of my tv's in the kitchen and one in the cellar just for baseball games in the cellar on the older tvs. Well, I have a tape of when I asked the customer rep about the pricing for these units so you could watch the channels on nonhdtv's, guess what, they lied. This adapter was never supposed to be raised in price and we have our reps in NY who know all about this now. They get away with these kinds of increases all the time and TBH, they are illegal.

I am experiencing my own problems, as I sent two of the adapters back, noone seems to know where they are, but I used the return shipping invoice inside. All too much, can't spend all day, with TWC, and FEDEX,...someone should have this info, amen!