Spectator

Arris DCX3600-m Set Top Box specs

Does anyone know where to download the user manual for the Arris DCX3600-m DVR box?  TWC doesn't have it listed - I contacted them and they told me to contact Arris.  I contacted Arris and they told me they only have a spec sheet, but I couldn't access it because i don't actually have that box - yet.  I want to check out the specs first.

9 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Arris DCX3600-m Set Top Box specs

What specs are you looking for?

The MFG slick sheets show ALL OPTIONS, many of which the cable companies won't activate.

Expert

That's one of the new IPTV boxes with a built in Docsis 3 8x4 bonded channel modem.

Spectator

Looking for rear panel port connections, any ability to add external hard drive (Arris description claims "expandable 1TB internal hard drive" - what does that mean?)  Are all outputs simultaneously live? - HDMI, Component?, Composite?  The absence of a downloadable PDF spec sheet is disturbing.

Expert

Per other models, the esata drive connector as well as the internal 8x4 docsis cable modem and Moca are features that are disabled by the cable company.

You can usually use the USB port to charge your phone or power up an IR extender.

If there's an IR jack, it probably doesn't work either.

Per other devices, the HDMI and the component video are often exclusive, however the composite/ rf & S video are usually on all the time.  The hdmi audio/ digital/ optical is often exclusive, analog is usually always on.

Depending on what you pay for, the cable company is supposed to write up a manual for you....

Highlighted
Participant

Participant

You can find the generic Arris CSX3600M manual at the Arris site:  http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/User_Guide/DCX3600-User-Guide

Rookie

FYI, I just plugged my slingbox solo into the dcx3600m via component cables, and both the hdmi and component ports are active simultaneously, unlike any of the past twc hdmi dvr boxes I've used. Previously I had to plug the sling into the s-video on the twc box. (the dcx3600m does not have an s-video jack.)
Expert

in most cases the S video and component are of the same quality and resolution, the aspect ratio is the same but you have letterboxed the Svideo with top and bottom black bars.

You have good component with 16:9 filling the full screen.

Trusted Helper

For the most part,

I like this box!  There's a couple of observations:

• Compared to the Cisco 8742 the black Navigator Guide appears lighter.
  • The font seems harder to read than on the Cisco 8742
  • Closed Captioning's Set by Program default choice is UGLY!  I had to do Set by Viewer.  I use the White Impress Setting and Standard Text.  That looks nice. 
  • This is the first box in years where I have had to change the closed-circuit setting.
  • Time Grid Speed is slow.  Very fast and responsive On-Demand. Search menu speeds are fine.
  • No PIP on this box.  Heard this is also true on the Samsungs

Satch