N/A

Arris DCX3600 Kills HDMI-CEC ARC Control

Onkyo tx-nr545
LG 60UF7300
Arris DCX3600
Samsung UBD‑K8500

All CONNECTED VIA HDMI and have bee working fine until I had The Arris DCX3600 installed. Lost CEC and ARC to all devices. Already had LG replace HDMI board to no success. I have no sound from TV apps. There are other topics about this but NO TWC solution or response. Why isn't there a fix without me having to break HDMI pins?
4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Arris DCX3600 Kills HDMI-CEC ARC Control

Buy a pin 13 list adapter for $20 or a hdmi to dvi adapter and a DVI toHDMI cable t for $10 which doesn't pass pin 13.

The fault is in the sets, they need to make all the Hdmi ports programable. Actually, HDMI needs to go away...

N/A

Arris DCX3600 continues without CEC functionality.  I just purchased a Samsung UHDTV and the Arris box interferes with the input device selection.  After connceting the Arris box to the appropriate Samsung input, the input disconnects after about 25 minutes, and refuses to accept a new input until you reset the HDTV by turning it off and on.  I am sure that the problem lies in the Arris DCS3600 because the problem went away after I installed a modified HDMI cable (CEC pin 13 disabled) between the Arris box and Samsumg HDTV.  Unfortunately, doing this also disables CEC funtionality, so I now must turn on each piece of equipment separately (which is ridiculous).  I contacted Spectrum who said they had not heard of this problem before (until I told them it was on their own forums).  Spectrum said they are not working on a fix for this problem.  If they start to lose business after more people experience this CEC functionality problem, it is their own fault.

N/A

That answer does not fix the problem.
N/A

Bob3,

Just have them swap the box for a different model. That's what I did and everything works perfect now. You shouldn't have to modify or buy a different HDMI cable of you have a capable one. You pay rent for the box so it should work and if it doesn't they have to replace it with what you want. There is no fix for that cable box and it is the box don't Let Spectrum tell you different. I proved it to the tech that came out. Spectrum can come to my house with their top techs and I'm prove it to them also.