Expert

Re: Arris DCX 3600-M

Start returning the 3600's to TWC and maybe they'll get the message

Participant

For me it is kind of a hassle to return them.  It’s a 60 mile round trip to the service center and usually a 30 to 40 minute wait before getting to talk to someone.

What would they replace them with?  All of the Arris DCX3600M’s have the problem.  The only thing you could do is to take a 2 channel DVR.

As for me, I figured out what was going on with the Arris DCX3600 and have made a workaround so that it does not impact my other components allowing me to have the HDMI-CEC and ARC functionality work properly.

Everyone's Tags (2)
Observer

Yup I have the same issue and no one at TWC support can help me on this issue.... 

Expert

This is a hardware/ firmware issue and TWC needs to duke it out with Arris

All you guys can do is call this in as a problem and have it marked UNRESOLVED, HARDWARE ISSUE.

Highlighted
Participant

This is a software issue as the hardware actually appears to behave correctly (have the correct signal levels).  I have managed to build a breakout unit and measure the signals on pin 13.  I have given some thought to building a HDMI-CEC test tool as I have found schematics for an HDMI-CEC interface and software for an Arduino.

I was also thinking of posting my solution for this issue on youtube.  I'm not sure if those people that have figured out what the issue is havn't already figured out how to modify a cable for this workaround.

Anyone Interested in seeing what I did?

Newcomer

Hi, This is my first time posting so please be patient with my ignorance. I have exactly the same problem as Rodeknyt below. The 30 skip forward is very useful and important to me. I'll switch back to the old box with it's limited storage if necessary to get this feature back. This issue appears to be noted as "solved" but I do not see any solution. Is the answer that the Arris DCX 3600-M does not support the skip forward feature ? If this is true I will be very disappointed and have to go back to using my old box. Does anyone have any suggestions on how one might activate this 30 second skip forward feature on the Arris DCX 3600-M ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Everyone's Tags (1)
Newcomer

FYI - Chat Tech support just informed me that the Arris DCX3600-m does not support the 30 second skip forward. And if I want this feature I need to go back to my I-guide box which only has 2 tuners and a fraction of the storage space available on the Arris unit.

My guess is that the advertisers got together with Arris & TWC and purposely left out the skip feature to make it more difficult to skip the commercials.

My system is very complicated with dozens of wires to all my components. I am technically challenged and changing out the old Motorola (I-guide) to the new Arris took several hours with the concealed repeater set up, etc.

Imagine my disappointment after an install of  3 hours to find that the new box does not have the 30 sec skip forward  feature that is very important to me.

Now I have to live without with this feature or spend a couple hours re-installing the Motorola w/ I-guide and I have wasted an entire day having accomplished nothing !

TWC should warn it's customers that by installing the new Arris that they will be losing the 30 sec. skip forward feature !! I would assume that this would be a simple software / firmware revision but apparently the advertisers are more important to them than their customers.

Rookie

Same issue with my equipment 

Samsung HW-H550 soundbar 

Samsung UN75F6300 TV 

all ARC  disabled   No sound 

Rookie

What device did you purchase online to fix the CEC issue and did it work ?
Rookie

I would like to see what you did to fix this issue