Not applicable

Re: Are digital adapters necessary for a TV with built in digital tuner?

the same has happened to me. i had the starter tv package with time warner and was able to get alot more channels. then it became spectrum and i received a letter stating that ipd need a digital adapter to get the same channels. i can't get all the channels with the digital adapter. after four different live chats with agents today. i'm now told i need to rent an hd set top box to get the channels. i knew everything would go up in price when it changed to spectrum and the picture quality is worse

Helper

Re: Are digital adapters necessary for a TV with built in digital tuner?

@skeeter wrote:

the same has happened to me. i had the starter tv package with time warner and was able to get alot more channels. then it became spectrum and i received a letter stating that ipd need a digital adapter to get the same channels. i can't get all the channels with the digital adapter. after four different live chats with agents today. i'm now told i need to rent an hd set top box to get the channels. i knew everything would go up in price when it changed to spectrum and the picture quality is worse

You were receiving all those extra channels that were not part of the Starter TV package "for free" because TWC deemed it not cost effective to install a filter to your line. As a result you got channels without paying for them. Now with everything encrypted you get exactly what you pay for.