Rookie

Any hacks for programming a 30 second skip into the UR3-SR3M Remote?

Any hacks for programming a 30 second skip into the UR3-SR3M "big button" remote with the Arris DCX3510?
I was spoiled by the DirecTV function. Not enjoying the the "Slip" version with Spectrum.

TIA

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Any hacks for programming a 30 second skip into the UR3-SR3M Remote?

So what device are you trying to "skip"?  That unit would require a control command to perform the 'skip' unless you intend to hack it also. 

I'll guess that you want a DVR to jump forward by 30 seconds and resume playback.  The forum contributors would need to know the make and model of the DVR, and whether it is rented or owned.  I'm sure that some folks would want the same feature for their "On Demand" channel viewing also. 

Rookie

Re: Any hacks for programming a 30 second skip into the UR3-SR3M Remote?

Arris DCX 3510-M in particular. With the DirecTV or many other cable companys' DVR boxes, you can program them to, like DTV's case, where you turn the "fast forward" button into one that skips in fixed increments.
This traditionally only works for programs you have recorded, not On-Demand.
If you Google "30 second skip", you will see a few solutions for other DVRs, but not specifically for anything that Spectrum appears to offer.
In the past, these were hidden  almost "easter egg" features, built in, but not advertised. In later years, they made these more prominent. I did my usual due diligence on various other forums, but was not coming up with anything. Thought I'd at least give it a shot here.