Rookie
charlesstacker

Answering a call and not being able to hear the other person right away

Is this a regular thing ? is there a way to fix this  ?

Please use plain text.
Wordsmith
MsRaye

Re: Answering a call and not being able to hear the other person right away

Use a cell phone... I'm on Sprint, it does the same thing, plus sends me voice mail messages a week after the caller left them.. Sorry, you're best off with a real wireline phone, perhaps with no long distance service, use your cell for the LD

TWC is nort a phone company, it will also die when there's power outtages as many of their power inserters don't have working battery backups on them...

Please use plain text.
Rookie
charlesstacker

Thanks but does not answer my question , there is an anoying delay after I answer as if the phone has to warm up . and I do have a cell for text and long distance , I'd rather write a letter than to use sprint

Please use plain text.
Wordsmith
MsRaye

go to speedtest.net, what sort of intenet speed and ping times do you have?

Maybe the modems bad, phone is VOIP and if there's excessive lag, it will malfunction even though it's a measly .016 Mbps bandwidth

The modems do have a seperate mac address for voice and data but can still be on noisy/bad QAM channels.

Go to 192.168.100.1 and paste the signal page and the error-log page here.

Please use plain text.
Rookie
charlesstacker

ah so it could be my internet speed Ok thanks again

Please use plain text.
Wordsmith
MsRaye

Check speed at TWC's test site, then go to a couple servers on speedtest.net. Post the results here if they're way off.

Also put up your signal levels here, I'll see if there's a problem with them.

Phone is voip, if your modem is overloaded, everything may be degraded. Excessive ping= connection delays= loss of sync

phone should work with a 1Mbps or even slower connection but a 500Ms ping time will result in handshaking delays. TWC is not a phone company.

Please use plain text.