Trusted Helper

Advanced Search Keyboard (Navigator ODN 8.1 Missing a Ton of Data.)

Hey All,

I tried rebooting when this happened before, no change, tech said that this is related to the cloud based search results not coming in from the server.  Rebooting won't help in this case he said.  Here's what's missing in Keyboard Search results as of last week:

• No Tennis Listings
  • No GSN (Game Show Network Listings.) for some shows including Match Game, (70's version.)
  • No NFL Football Listings
  • Many sub-channel listings not showing in search including Antenna TV, ME TV, Cozi TV and Laff.  (Brookfield, WI 53045.)

When this happened before, everything came back about two weeks later.  (After I had reported this.)

This is just what I am noticing, there may be other shows that they keybard is not picking up in searches.

I don't want to do a reboot yet, cuz I am still finding my shows in the Time Grid and am able to record them just fine.  This is just a note to say that the keyboard search is not returning  many listing results in my area.

Satch

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Advanced Search Keyboard (Navigator ODN 8.1 Missing a Ton of Data.)

@Satch wrote:

Hey All,

I tried rebooting when this happened before, no change, tech said that this is related to the cloud based search results not coming in from the server.  Rebooting won't help in this case he said.  Here's what's missing in Keyboard Search results as of last week:

• No Tennis Listings
  • No GSN (Game Show Network Listings.) for some shows including Match Game, (70's version.)
  • No NFL Football Listings
  • Many sub-channel listings not showing in search including Antenna TV, ME TV, Cozi TV and Laff.  (Brookfield, WI 53045.)

When this happened before, everything came back about two weeks later.  (After I had reported this.)

This is just what I am noticing, there may be other shows that they keybard is not picking up in searches.

I don't want to do a reboot yet, cuz I am still finding my shows in the Time Grid and am able to record them just fine.  This is just a note to say that the keyboard search is not returning  many listing results in my area.

Satch

Update,

I rebooted the box tonight.  Made no difference.  It's got to be something with the servers or Spectrum's  Network in my area.  To add to the above list, Music Choice channels are not showing up in B button Search.  Sports Teams are all missing.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Re: Advanced Search Keyboard (Navigator ODN 8.1 Missing a Ton of Data.)

No changes yet,

I lost Internet for about three minutes yesterday, and the search was down last night. I don't know why so many channels are missing with the B button search.

One feedback that I would propose to the ODN Navigator boxes is that if the Cloud B-button search goes down, the box automatically goes back to the non-cloud search system found on the old SA-8300 boxes.  My box did that last summer in July when an update didn't take.  The older searches found on the SA-8300 boxes are more dated, but at least are more reliable.

I want to make clear that the channels themselves are only missing in B button search.  They show up just fine in the Time Grid and the cells in the Time Grid can be selected for Recording or future options.  It's just that when you press B, no show titles come up or "Search is currently unavaliable, please try again later."

Satch