Newcomer

Will the indoor/outdoor camera trigger the motion alarm

we have a motion sensor that covers most of the first floor.  we just got a dog and i have her in a crate in another room so she wont set off the motion sensor.  I placed the security camera in that room to keep an eye on the dog while we are gone.  Question is will the camera pick up movement and set the alarm?  Also is there a way to calibrate the motion sensor for bigger dogs?

2 REPLIES

Re: Will the indoor/outdoor camera trigger the motion alarm

Hello!

For questions related to your Intelligent Home service, I woudl recommend calling into this Intelligent Home Support Center for an answer to these questions.  They will be able to assist with ensuring the system is setup appropriately for your situation.  The number to call is: 1-855-632-6060

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Will the indoor/outdoor camera trigger the motion alarm

What you can do on any good camera system is go into the motion sensor grid and only activate certain parts of the screen, like the upper half of a doorway and not a window. If you have cats, all bets are off.

Also you can't use motion cameras outdoors if they have inernal IR lights, The lights must be disconnected as they attract spiders and bugs and will trip the sensor every night as they crawl on the lense.