Rookie

NYC - which smoke alarms work with TWC system?

In NYC TWC is not allowed to sell or install smoke/co2 detectors for some reason. Stating that I have to purchase and install on my own. Anyone know which brand/make/model works with the IntelligentHome setup?

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: NYC - which smoke alarms work with TWC system?

[ Edited ]

Contact TWC's intelligent home division.  Since they won't install it, I doubt they will allow you access into the central station to add your own sensors...

When they say install your own, that means your own system and detectors, not connected to theirs.

Rookie

Yes, got conflicting answers. One said that I can purchase and install myself or with third party tech. The other said they've been asked not to even mention the alarms due to liability issues here in NYC and that it will not work even if I get them installed seperatly. 

Expert

[ Edited ]

Google "zigbee smoke alarm" and see if there's instructions to add them to TWC intelligent home

I doubt you have access

The next issue is that TWC is not using a UL and FDNY approved alarm system.

Have the same issue here in Ohio, The TWC system has no "line supervision" and any alarm sytems must have a local alarm go off if connectivity to the alarm destination is lost.