Observer

Door sensors

When I got this system installed, I told the guy I was getting new doors soon. He told me not to worry about it because the sensors are wireless, I can just take them off the old doors and put them on the new doors. Well, that sounded great but didn't work so great. I've tried to put the sensor on the new front door and sometimes the sensors pair and know when the door is open and closed. Most times, however, the door shows as open. I have put them as close as I possibly can without them bumping against each other. I called 4 days ago and the rep said she'd have someone call me within 24 hours for a tech to come out and fix the problem. That was 4 days ago - no call! I tried the help chat, but the rep couldn't help me because apparently IH doesn't have reps on the help chat.  I'm gonna call again today since the second door is being installed tomorrow, so I'm sure it too will have the same problem.  Anyone else run into this sitaution?  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Door sensors

[ Edited ]

If the new doors and or frames are steel, you're out of luck without spacers. the magnet/ sensors need to be 1/4-1/2" above steel

Get a couple packs of the small rubber flat faucet washers or some 1/4-20 nylon nuts and some longer screws. Raise the magnets and sensors away from the steel frame/ door

Observer

Re: Door sensors

Actually I called back that day and they sent someone out the very next day. He put some risers on the sensors and it works perfectly now.